Double Rope SRT Climb

TreeMuggs

Treehouser
Tried this setup recently in a sketchbag Maple. Got the idea from Kevin Bingham. Definitely something to experiment with. Tell me what you think.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UzyoFg7Kkzg?ecver=2" width="320" height="180" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:50%;height:50%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Nice vid! We'll do that but use the HitchHiker on the line with the top TIP and just a hitch and slack tending pulley on the bottom TIP since it's a backup line which makes things a lot more compact. Two rope wrenches on a bridge are bulky, clunky for sure.

Nice. I need to experiment with that a bit more as well. I recognize the poison ivy, but what was the other climb line?

Nice video, Patrick.

Any that have followed Kevin's two rope development for use in tree work would probably agree that he has proven that it can be done with efficiency and speed. The use of two ropes is by no means new in tree work and has been used quite often if the situation fits. Times, as you portrayed where one suspension point was deemed inadequate, or where two separate points of suspension made for increased flexibility in work positioning.

But Kevin and a few others that are doing this are exploring the potential other uses hiding within the twin systems. We are all different in how we climb and what we need in our systems, so even though I personally am not a fan of using this in anything but its more traditional form, I do think it is well worth consideration for climbers that are so inclined.

P.S. Two bridges makes it much less cumbersome.

Back