Wedge Belts

Well said, Bounce. It is these gems and pearls that pop up once in awhile that are cool to see. Good share, Gypo.

I have the el cheap o nylon ones but mostly use my pockets. It's pretty rare that I am packing into the bush to fell trees but I wish I did it more often.

My first Tree Care Industry Show (TCI) was in Charlotte, N.C, November 1996. Not that long ago, really. Most of the people I met there were long time mid-west and east-coast private tree company owners, and then there were the many young-un's starting up. Much to my surprise most of those people told me they had never used a wedge in their career, and most of the rest had not a clue as to what a wedge was.

It was culture shock at the time, but it's change significantly in the years since the internet. Today most those boys know the importance of the wedge in their work.

Good post,and I like the pouch. You made that out of an old Wes Co high-top. Sexy.

T'was obvious, youngster :).

Like Jerry says, I was stunned when I first got to taking part in the arb forums back in the late 1990's, how rare wedge use and knowledge of the tool were with most in the trade. I still find myself taken aback from time to time even now.

Back