Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunseeker visit to Lava Beds NM

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Very Cool!
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

You two are too cute!! When did M get braces?
    I am umbilically connected to the temperate zone, it brought me life, it brought me love I never have out grown.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    Yessir, that Coleman white gas stove is a real collectible now. My father bought that in 1958 when we started camping as a family...I was 4 . It still is drop dead reliable, if a little quirky. Since I've been operating it more than 50 years myself, I don't have any trouble with it . I also have a single burner Coleman stove he bought just after he got back from WWII, in 1946. More than 70 years old. It cooks really well, too. I can still find replacement parts on Ebay for both, some even still available from Coleman.
    Wow, that's quite the family heirloom! It's amazing that it is in such good shape, you have obviously taken great care of it.
    In this salt environment I just can't get one to last over about twenty years. We use ours mostly for cooking on the boat and camping on the islands and even after fresh water baths and getting oiled down they eventually turn orange. I just bought a new Coleman lantern, it's a national parks commemorative model, a propane NorthStar. They're brighter than the kerosene and white gas models and we use them wading, dipping blue crabs and gigging flounder as well as camping, so they get salted up pretty good too.
    Ray
    In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. - Galileo

Thanks for sharing, Burnham.

Very Cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vharrison View Post
    You two are too cute!! When did M get braces?
    It's been right at two years ago, now. She ought to be done in 6 months or less. And thanks for the kind words, Gigi.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."