DMM Gyros

Grendel

TreeHouser
Neat little doubles from DMM. They're super smooth and not at all floppy like some of the other rotating side plate products.

19198197_1401029709932966_2135263428_n.jpg

19198295_1401030816599522_1451625770_n.jpg

19191181_1401030923266178_1276404948_n.jpg

19206533_1401030953266175_1544324003_n.jpg

Nothing to say, just dicking around. 8)

Still paying around with the setup and components a bit. . .

Cheers.

Seriously though that is a work of art. I have always made gear strong without a consideration for looks. They nailed it with this one.

Need something stronger than penicillin to cure gear fever I think. Have you tried nomoneyatall? Works for me, temporarily of course

Always love seeing your MA setups, looks like a nice puller there.

I was dinged heavily in a competition by a treemagineer for using a cmi pulley. 10 points off my ariel rescue. The reason given was that the gate could pass through the hole on the pulley. Since I used the cmi pulley as a remote anchor I was exposing myself to a cross loading situation. It was the best aerial rescue I ever performed... set up a three to one and did the whole talking bit in rhyme. It annoys the hell out of me to see a DMM pulley now with a hole big enough to pass the gate of the biner. Still bitter about it clearly... lol

Hey Sam, in your picture with the anchor plate, I'm wondering about the anchor sling. In my mind I would want a thimble of some sort on it. Seems that the sharp bend radius of the plate would eat up that tenex or amsteel. After you get some time on it let us know if it shows wear.
Beautiful MA set up

Seems that the sharp bend radius of the plate would eat up that tenex or amsteel.
If the anchor plate stays put, I don't see the bend radius as a problem. There isn't that much force involved, it's only two hand driven MA.
I worry more about the rocking motion of the anchor plate under the alternative pull from the two MA hooked on it. The anchor sling will slide side to side in the hole and the fibers hate this sideway motion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will do Rich.

I thought about the plate sawing back and forth as well. When you pull on the blocks, all the load stays on the 3:1 anchor pulley, so there's very little movement on the plate. It does move a little, but it's not dramatic. Perhaps I'll make a quick video of it hauling something. . .

Ok, I got it.
I didn't read correctly your pics. I thought that it was 2 separate MA, like one to guy a sideliner and the second to pull it to the lay.

Actually the blue MA pulls the red MA, so the stronger pull is always on the anchor of the red MA. The anchor plate has no reason to change its angle when loaded and the main sling should be fine.
Nice setup.:thumbup:

Back