What is a Good Way to Attach a Pull Line to a Trailer Hitch on a Pickup Truck?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a 4x8 sheet of plywood cut into (4) 2'x4' panels, hinged with para-cord. I've slipped the rope through a gap in the folding screen at the pulling area and into my Maasdam. The hinging nature of the screen allow it to bend and self-support.

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the plywood screen, SeanKroll.

How do you have the para-cord attached to the panels?

Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Drilled 3/8" holes low, mid, high, and tie cord into a loop, snug when unfolded fully.

Got it!

Also, I think I am going to re-evaluate my thoughts on rigging with the idea that I want to try to keep (well) below the WWL of the weakest link.

This is with 50kn screw lock biners Brian (Skwerl) turned me onto... Pretty much use holes or places where the safety chain attaches to. Can always weld a loop or something on a hitch.
attachment.php

https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?18408-Who-Smashed-the-Dog-House!!!!-WHO-WHO-WHO

:lol:

I know... the rare event.
He has gotten much better of late as OSHA has been about shutting crews down...
You know, few (several) guys get killed in less than 12 months can raise some eye brows.

Crazy the climber mortality up there.... but I guess you get enough under experienced proud youngsters up those bread sticks with some older fatter guys on the ground yelling at him....things are going to go poorly.

Stay safe, Fellas. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We can't easily invert a hitch upside down here, because we don't have your receiver system with a square tube. It's only a vertical plate and the ball is bolted tight on it.

I have a 6' heavy lifting strap that I have used. 14,000# I believe. I tie a bowline through one loop. I pull the pin in the reciever, remove the hitch with ball and put it in the bed of the truck. Slide the other end of the strap into the receiver and slide the hitch pin through the loop of the strap.

I've pulled like that before, out of necessity, and not a tree. Seems like a rusty spot, with a bit of an edge, that can be abrasive.

TBH I find the whole thread a bit odd.

I just tie a bowline with a hitch to the tow bar, there's equal pressure on the knot on the top of the tree surely?

Back