Prosthetic hip and all :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice job .There certainly is a difference in oak trees from those grown in the open to those in say my woods that are over 100 feet tall with the first limb about 45 feet. To add to that I didn't even know red oak grew on the west coast .

Al, that little tree is only about 35 years old and was planted in a new development with not a mature tree within half a mile. This one is about 75 feet tall, and about half that in crown diameter.

And you are right, red oak is not natural to here on the west coast...but lots of them have been planted as residential property ornamentals. They seem to like the Willamette valley climate just fine.

Nice little tree Burnham! (omg, I can't believe I just said that to Burnham of all people)

Bad girl...bad, bad, bad!

Kidding, of course...I love an easy little tree as much as the next arbo does, sure enough. The bigguns just came to be my life's work by default, not necessarily by first choice :D.

And y'all are correct...keep doing it to be able to keep doing it.

My friends were stunned to see me pull myself up DRT. To them (mid 60's office work types, not couch taters, but not field grunts for a very long time either), it seemed magically amazing. Not unlike most of y'alls customers who pay attention, I suspect. My friend David suggested that next time, we should invite all their friends in for a big party, as watching a tree climber do some work was high entertainment, in his view.

Lookin' good, Burnham. Still lean and mean looking. How was the air temperature on the day? It looks like almost ideal climbing conditions. Beautiful tree, beautiful yard.

Tim

It was about the nicest day we've had this calendar year...mid 80's and sunny.

That didn't last long :).

Good to read you, Brock. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Nice to think the troops haven't forgotten me yet :D.

Y'all are kind and more generous than the little tidbit of a tree job deserves. Thanks, friends.

Back