gotta get this one off my chest

FBS-00340-3.jpg

Or a therapist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Orrrrr you have no real reason?

There is always a reason... for many the reason is "because someone told me to do it like this".... Not me though.... I do it because, its the easiest , fastest, most reliable, way to get the tree where it needs to go... with consideration for all the many variables...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No response on the poorly sharpened saw cutting crooked?

Finally got a chance to taker a look at that chain yesterday... BIG difference from one side to the other in length of teeth, and it was still cutting pretty straight so though I didn't take a close look at the rakers, it pretty much has to be as you thought... someone must have adjusted the rakers to the difference in the cutters... I put 9 strokes on each raker on both sides, then tried to take the long side of the the cutters back more than the short to even it up a little, but it was still way off.. started cutting pretty choppy, especially on the plunge cuts... but still cutting fairly straight, so I probably took too much off the rakers.. I might give it one more go with the files, but will probably just throw that chain away

Back