gotta get this one off my chest

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the long stringy hinge fibers straight across the back of the hinge are a clear sign that the hinge had A LOT of holding ability... 2-3" across the entire hinge and spiking to 4-6" in some areas... I rarely see hinges with that much holding ability cut by anyone else.... So I would call that a great hinge, as opposed to a good hinge... THE END!

c'mon.. where did all the experts around here go????

good, bad or indifferent what do you think of that hinge???
You're the only exspurt around here Daniel. All I know is that stump is a masterpiece. Sheesh Squishy, such disrespect! 😠

I rarely see hinges with that much holding ability cut by anyone else.... So I would call that a great hinge, as opposed to a good hinge.

Wtf! We be nuking norway maples here by the thousands, the hinge looks like a hinge. Are you saying the tree knew it was you who was cutting it so it held on better? Daniel you get an A+ for loving tree work and an A for overthinking cutting.

For example, before you choose to reveal the reason for the side nips, whatever that reason may be, side nips did jack didley to make that tree fall better, IMHO.

m6SYUpt.gif

Honestly, the hinge was the first thing that I noticed. Very well executed tapered hinge which I like to use all the time, as well as nipping the corners and sides when deeded.

why would nipping be needed in that species? Daniel isn't saying.

What are the odds DM will tell us the ins and outs of that stump. Maybe he wont cuz feels hasn't been given enough respect for that which many of us don't understand, yet. 60/40 he'll tell us.

Back