Glue for cracked handle.

Raj

TreeHouser
I just picked up a used MS260, with a cracked handle. What's a good adhesive that will stick to it?
20170607_114006.jpg

I made a plastic insert that will be glued in.
20170607_160414.jpg 20170607_160426.jpg

Have had good luck with JB Weld for such. You know the drill ... solvent clean surface , rough it up some. On a nice dry day layer on that plastic metal crap in a tube till thick. Have saved two saws w failed oil reservoirs , JB held long enough to finish life of Powerhead.

Devcon two ton epoxy, it's the real deal... guaranteed not to rust bust collect dust mold corrode get old or break apart at the seems.

The tanks are plentiful new and used. Not expencive either so if this to be a saw that see use and make money, a new tank is the way I would go.

If this is not a money maker I would glue the cracks with a good epoxy. Lower and upper part if handle.
I cut a groove along crack with grinder and fill up with epoxy.

Only time I see this is when they are dropped or run over...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all.

I just need something to get by till I can order and replace the tank..... in winter. ;)

You could get creative and use a piece of nylon on the bottom ,bolted with counter sunk flat head screws through the handle extended forward of the tank so you don't drill a hole in it .I've done similar repairs using aluminum plate . You can machine nylon just like you can metal,drill and tap,anything you want except arc weld it .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Piece I made waiting for motor shop custys. I found Permatex plastic weld epoxy. Gave it a try.

20170608_132916.jpg

20170608_135034.jpg

Back