Wire Fids Custom made highest quality

hammer0419

TreeHouser
I have custom made WIRE FIDS for sale. I make these one at a time with the best materials. I am selling these is PAIRS. A HEAVY DUTY and a LIGHT/MEDIUM duty wire Fids. Each one is 16" in length with a 2" rubber covered metal handle w/lanyard. These are $24 a set SHIPPED ($18+$6). If interested, please PM ME. Thanks

Attachments

• 20170604_150713.jpg
    20170604_150713.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 48
Rookie question: I get what fids are for, pulling a rope end back into the rope to bury it and make an eye, but how exactly is the rope end affixed to the wire fid so it is secure and smooth?

thanks.

No tape necessary. The fold and squeeze of the wire is usually enough. Tape falls off inside the braids and ruins the splice.... At least for me.

Have you ever tried those nose-cone-looking things, they look like they would go through nicely?

Those won't work on a 16 strand eye splice. Barely enough room for the wire

Those won't work on a 16 strand eye splice. Barely enough room for the wire

Oh ok. I was doing an easy brummel on hollow braid, thinking they would work well in that app anyway.

They look nice, almost wish I still had a need to splice rope. My last attempt at splicing 12 strand climbing line many years ago ended after 3 failures and about 10 hours total time expended. I decided it was worth the $30 to buy the rope spliced. I still splice Sta-Set double braid but it's cake in comparison. It's what is used for the winch line on my bucket trucks and I'll resplice the end every 3-4 years when it gets ragged.

My last attempt at splicing 12 strand climbing line many years ago ended after 3 failures and about 10 hours total time expended.

Sounds like when I spliced used 16 strand climb line. Omg what a bitch. Cured me of desire to splice.

Back