New hire interview questions

I'd put it on my shoulder and toss it on top of the pile.

Then I'd say "Lunchtime!"

I had a couple guys try to pick it up. That particular log was almost 4' and 20"-24" something like that. They were big guys and the pile was maybe 100' away.

I always like to keep a big guy on the crew, not just tall but stocky. The big guy we have now we call him "Sas" short for sasquatch. Mainly cause he'll carry good size small trees mostly upright to the chipper. Like he's bigfoot walking through the woods and it started raining and he just grabs a tree and uses it like an umbrella. It's funny if you saw it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or rolling it on the ground.

I say, "the ground never gets tired when beating a load. Let the ground do as much work as possible."

Those big, strong, and fearless of taking the challenge of a gut busting back breaking load will sooner or later...usually sooner, be gut busted and back broken. And if they are on your books as a legitimate employee, may well cost you and the rest of us untold dollars in workman's comp.

Just an idle observation.
;)

Quite right B, only youngsters relish heavy lifting, right up to their first injury (hopefully just a warning tweak)

Or rolling it on the ground.

I say, "the ground never gets tired when beating a load. Let the ground do as much work as possible."

ahh bearing a load, not beating a load.

sorry for random stuff like that in my posts...I'm not good about proof reading, plus you know autocorrect, my worst enema. :lol:

You know you are in trouble when you ask for the new guy to fetch your water bottle hanging on the driver side of the cab inside by the steering wheel... RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DOOR. And he brings you back the bottle that has been sitting under the spare tire in the bed of the flat bed that had gear on top of it and still contained water from over a month ago............

True Story.

Did he say "ok" then was gone for 10 minutes doing the wrong thing, rather than 1 minute doing the right thing?

Back