Tiger Woods

Hehe, hell yeah. Like the guy who won 20k in a dice game and took his lady for a big mac!

Puffed 'fill in the blank'. Lol, it's good for you. I was raised on it. My dad told me it was monster cereal and every time we ate it we turned into monsters. I was quite a bit older before you could ever talk me into trying a cheerio or a frosted flake.

Do you eat any of the crops that you grow, Jim? I'm not up to speed on your farming operation. What are you growing up there?

As a little guy I remember thinking who'd want a box of plain jane cereal when you can have a giant bag of monster cereal!

Ha! I just want to go back to the Monster bags of cereal. We are buying the generic version of the Monster Bags!

All is says on the bag is "Cereal, ya poor fugger"!

Levi, we are growing Lentils, Safflower, organic wheat and conventional wheat this year. Plus an ass load of cover crops.

We are going to save some lentils out of the combine, but five gallons of lentils goes a looooooong way with us. We could get a grinder and start making our own flour, but have not done that yet.

We plant a garden and have chickens. Eat our own beef. The beef is much cheaper and WAY better quality than you can get at the store.

Soon as I find another couple of freezers we are going to get some weaner pigs.

Then I can build my smoke house and start making my own bacons and sausages.

I was seriously thinking about building a rabbit hutch too. Five doe rabbits can keep a family in pretty good meat for cheap.

Thanks, Jim. Makes no sense how someone growing on your level should ever want for anything, I bet it's a good feeling, eating your own beef.

When you say malt o meal are you talking about the hot cereal or just the brand of bagged dry cereals? I like faurina, that's pretty good hard times food. Nothin beats for good steel cut oats though, in my book.

Yeah, the big bags. Well, the cheap version of the big bags. I did not know they even existed till this year.

I dont eat much cereal any more, but them bleeding kids go through it. The wife and kids eat a lot of porridge.....I call it oat meal. New Zealand thing.

I eat an egg, two slices of bacon and some dry bread for breakfast. Thats the standard breakfast anyway.

Hard to believe what everything costs anymore.

You guys remember "Dad's" root beer? Used to come in a packet you mixed with water? Mom used to spring for one of those once in a while when we were kids.

Wednesday's after church school she might buy you a bag of skittles. Dont know why I thought of that just now.

I am tired of fighting this gawd awful damn lifestyle. Buy this, buy that. Spend, spend, spend.

TV commercials make me madder than hell anymore. I can watch TV at the folk's, we shut our off. Damn 100 bucks a month you got to pay so that they can advertise shit for you to buy that you dont need.

I want to be "bad" for the ecomomy for a while. Keep my own damn money and raise chickens and hogs. Have a full root cellar.

We had a bunch of broiling chickens bought to butcher.

Dogs got em.

Had I not been so damn cheap and put a new handle on that door rather than taking it apart, welding it up and drilling a new hole....the wind would not have blown the door open while we were gone. Dogs would not have been able to get it otherwise.

Never go full tilt on cheapness in other words!

I am tired of fighting this gawd awful damn lifestyle. Buy this, buy that. Spend, spend, spend.

TV commercials make me madder than hell anymore. I can watch TV at the folk's, we shut our off. Damn 100 bucks a month you got to pay so that they can advertise shit for you to buy that you dont need.

I want to be "bad" for the ecomomy for a while. Keep my own damn money and raise chickens and hogs. Have a full root cellar.

Yeah, it's funny, paying for the ads and all, definitely a consumer focused world.:|: sounds like you got the good plan, stock up the root cellar.

Ha! They show all them smart sexy people buying all that shit. Then they show a credit card commercial. Followed by an "ask your doctor about...." ad.......then a divorce/personal injury ad.......then a debt crisis ad.

THEN......if you have not ruined your life completely and have some coin......an ad for some charity that sends outdated rubbers to Africa.

Ha! They show all them smart sexy people buying all that shit. Then they show a credit card commercial. Followed by an "ask your doctor about...." ad.......then a divorce/personal injury ad.......then a debt crisis ad.

THEN......if you have not ruined your life completely and have some coin......an ad for some charity that sends outdated rubbers to Africa.

Have you seen 'requiem for a dream'? There's some creepy tv scenes in there, like what you're describing.

No. It's maybe from the early 2000's. Its really dark movie, I'd spare yourself if you haven't seen it yet!

Back