Climbing season is starting! Who has plans to climb something awesome this summer?

Bounce

TreeHouser
I am so stoked that climbing season is about to start. I have been training and working out like crazy, hoping to make it to the top of several new (for me) routes in the PNW this year. Mt Adams, Mt Stuart, Little Tahoma, and Mt Rainier are all on my list for 2017. I just bought a brand new pair of mountaineering boots, and sharpened my crampons to a razors edge. Who else is going on a climb this year? Lets get psyched up!

I hung up my chalk bag in collage after tearing a tendon in my hand, bad one it took almost two years to heal.

i still have unfinished business on the evolution traverse.......to bad the next 18 months of school is limiting my climbing. it will soon be over though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not being from your area, I had to look up the Evolution Traverse. Oh baby! That looks awesome!!! What a great climb that would be. I might have to put that one on my list. It definitely looks worthy, even if it is in California. ;)

When I was a kid I went to New Orleans and Tampa to visit family. I had never been anywhere so flat in my entire life. I remember getting lost all the time because there were no mountains on the horizon to orient myself with. I thought I could see across the whole state of Florida from the top of our hotel. With no climbing and no skiing, I don't know how you guys survive down there!

Gator hunting and water skiing, eh? I guess that would be pretty cool if you could do them both at the same time. Might put a bit of pressure on a guy not to fall though.

Dunno about climbing season, but flying season is here. Hang gliding is on. Training for a distance encampment in July. My goal is to fly over 200 miles all without a motor, just by cloud hopping and following birds.

Climb safe, have fun.

Whenever I go off on a trip by myself, my climbing partner always says "Climb safe! But not too safe."

I already did one easy climb this year up Mt Constitution on Orcas Island in the San Juans. It was a trip and a route that I'd been drooling over for a decade, looking at it across the water from Lummi. By looking at night from Lummi, I found one route that avoided all houses and roads. The original plan was to kayak over there, bushwhack to the top and back to the beach and kayak back, all in two days. But we couldn't get any kayaks and so had to get a ride on a leaky smelly shrimp boat instead. Then after bushwhacking only about a quarter mile, we found a deer trail that led to some mountain bike trails and we made it to the top and back to the beach on the first day. Then we had to wait a whole other day for our ride to pick us up again. Granted it was only 2400 ft of vertical with no technical climbing at all, but it was a bit of a letdown that it was so easy.

Dunno about climbing season, but flying season is here. Hang gliding is on. Training for a distance encampment in July. My goal is to fly over 200 miles all without a motor, just by cloud hopping and following birds.

Climb safe, have fun.

200 miles? I would've thought further?

Back