Grapple for mini

Endless entertainment watching someone jump on one for the first time. I'd always warn them not to be surprised when they tossed themselves off of it. Lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tracks vs. Wheels? I'm thinking tracks for sure but maybe there is a reason for wheels?

If you have the reach, a rotator is a big big plus for loading logs, both as a time saver and effort required by the operator.

Tracks vs. Wheels? I'm thinking tracks for sure but maybe there is a reason for wheels?

I believe in general tires are easier on the grass. I had turf tires on mine and found it very easy on lawns. I also felt I had good traction still but I never ran a tracked mini to compare. I would have no doubts a tracked machine has more traction.

Fwiw also when I purchased my ramrod a tracked unit was a chunk more than the tire version.

Yah, easy to have a spare tire on hand and change it. Compared to tracks. If you do go tired, just get a spare rim/tire with the machine. Try to get it 'tossed in' on the sale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have never thrown a track. And I've spent a lot of time on machines. I have blown tires however. I'm sure there are several people with the opposite experience. Hoping to demo the dingo this week. They have a bmg to go with it too! The tx1000 looks good. It seems to have more gpm for aux hydraulics than the bobcat.

With a tracked machine you'll learn to feel if a track is about to throw and can usually correct it. That being said, I put the right side track on mine twice in the same day last week. It was a bit loose and I was rushing around to many stumps. With the tools close by and knowing how to do it, it only takes a few minutes but it still aggravates the hell out of ya.

You could easily add a heel rack, maybe reroute the hoses so you could push if need be.

Mick, it looks like its intended for a larger machine than a mini-loader. Do you know your lift height on your loader?

To me, it looks like it doesn't raise the grapple up, like on a BMG, and I think also the Vermeer.

The rotator would be nice sometimes, reducing the ground impact by less machine-movement to adjust the free-floating dangle grapple, but its not that crucial. It looks like it will cost you a LOT of lift height, as I look at that.

He says he fits them to MultiOne machines.

Lifting capacity without using the telescopic on straight on level ground is 1280kg (presumably minus attachement's weight)

Back