Grapple for mini

You're getting an articulated loader, not mini-loader? I forgot.

Which machine?

The heel plate is super important for maneuverability.

I wonder the cost of fabricating something like a BMG? A number of people have fabbed their own. I imagine shipping cost would kill a BMG.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I demoed a dingo tx1000 yesterday. It had a top notch grapple on it too! Pretty sweet machine overall. It's a little skinnier and not quite as long as the bobcat mt85. I wonder how the stability compares on crappy terrain? It turned a lot better on the pavement than the mt85. All in all they are both great machines. The dingo is slightly more capable and is more money (parts too) the bobcat is cheaper and appears more simple. Either way I'm getting that grapple. It took a few minutes to learn how to use it best but it seems well worth it.

Well, it's been a journey, as they say, but it's here.

Had a play with it out the back and we're happy enough with the way it works.
Having seen it being used on numerous vids we get how to manœuvre the grapple into position, though not expert level yet!

Looks nice as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 30
Either way I'm getting that grapple. It took a few minutes to learn how to use it best but it seems well worth it.

That's something people, myself included, just dont get when looking at pictures and info on grapples and thinking maybe they should have power rotation. A few minutes, or a little bit, of running the BMG and you can get it to do most everything you want - even from hour one.

Sounds like a deal. BMGs are $2650 plus shipping-ish.

Money very well spent, IMO.

If you plant both tines in the dirt and twist slightly, one will remain planted, and the other lifts off the ground. The planted one will be a pivot point. Move the machine forward with a little finesse, and you can get your grapple on both sides of a crosswise log. That took me a bit to figure out.

Nice Mick. I'd keep an eye on the length of the hydro lines. Maybe give a little more slack, or loosen the hose grips so that if push comes to twist it could pull some slack through instead of pulling fittings off? Just a thought, might not be an issue.

Looks real nice!

So I got my grapple awhile back now and I use it every day it's certainly worth the money. However within the first week of using it something moved or got twisted on it and it wouldn't close correctly. it couldn't bypass, the tips of the grapple were hitting each other. has this happened to anyone else? I had to beat and pry it to fix it. It still does it every now and then .

If you plant both tines in the dirt and twist slightly, one will remain planted, and the other lifts off the ground. The planted one will be a pivot point. Move the machine forward with a little finesse, and you can get your grapple on both sides of a crosswise log. That took me a bit to figure out.

I still hadn't gotten that. I always turn by touching wood or brush. I love learning from others on The House. Thanks Sean.

So Page it's a BMG right? New production? Older lighter built unit? Is one of the arms bent?

Pics?

It's a new bmg. I'll get some pics if I can. The smaller tine is slightly bent. I beat it into place. Was just wondering if it happened to anyone else.

At one point in time I bent both of the arms. I have a thread about mods I did to mine here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it and bump it.

A small piece of wood in the wrong way, up against an immovable object, might splay the grapple under closing force.

One would hope the relief valve would kick in beforehand, but it must happen.

Let's talk scoops (for stump grinding clear up) they've been mentioned before, has anyone got one? Photo of one? Used one?

Back