Dump Trailer???

Up here 14k (two 7k axles) is the norm for dump trailers. 14' is common, my dump was 12' a little short but as has been mentioned it was nice for maneuvering. Up here you don't need a fancy licence for it, just a NSC number. Simple to get.

Myself I'd prefer the heaviest construction possible. i beat the living hell out of mine.

In Ontario anything over a combined weight of 4500KG, or a commercial use vehicle needs a CVOR. There is a study course, written test, yearly safety, and higher val tag fees. Takes a few months to get.

I pickup firewood for my own use in my mini dump. :/:

Hmm. Provincial regulations must override and require more. I thought the NSC covered nationwide because well it's the 'national safety code'. But here our provincial regs don't require anything more than registering for a nsc number. One time fee, no annual. Then in the heavier weights it gets more confusing. My forestry boom truck needed a annual inspection and much heavier required a six month inspection. But my 550 with dump trailer I used to register just under the annual inspection requirement. A little light if it ever did get scaled but way simpler, no inspection ever.

One more reason to live in BC. I'm surprised not everyone is here? :D

Nice trailer Mick. I have one very similar which I use to transport my tracked chipper on too. Will carry 2000kg of chip or logs & it is what I am building my business with

You're right Willie, if the CGVWR is under 26001, and the trailer is over 10k, you're ok.

I was mistaken. I think that I heard that there is a lot of revenue-ing on 1-tons with dump trailers, a favorite combo among building contractors.

Been meaning to ask Pete, how's things going? Building up any momentum?

Slow at the moment Mick. Managing 1 or 2 days a week- the rest I am filling with contract climbing or felling. Trying to be patient about it all, but not my strongest point. I am gearing up for a big push over the next few months as all the feedback so far has been really positive. I seem to get a lot of fells at the moment, after the more established companies have "pruned" the trees

Several years ago I got a deal on a used dump trailer. It was too big and tongue heavy for the guy who sold it to me but my bucket truck doesn't care. I use the material handler on my bucket to load logs and bundles of brush. The box is 7x14x4 with a gross capacity of 14K lbs, empty trailer weighs 4k lbs. This was the first load I hauled with it. Over the last several years it has paid for itself a hundred times over. I normally don't haul debris but this allows me to do so without a lot of capital invested.

Attachments

• IMG_1466 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_1466 [640x480].JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 54
Whaaaaaaa $16,560.85🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑. Glad I built mine myself!
55bb623f4fc1c7ec5a47ead0eeab2866.jpg

https://www.countryblacksmithtraile...OUNTRY-BLACKSMITH-FFRD-20-MS00889-230p459.htm

Lol I?ve got some treestuff decals I?ve been meaning to put on mine. Haven?t gotten around to it yet. My oldest son has probably swiped a few of them and stuck them on something.

Back