Dump Trailer???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am a dealer for Load Trail, but shipping from Texas to Idaho would be tough economically on a single trailer.

It's to bad you are so far away. If I can stay as busy as I have been I will definitely be buying one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
file0016.jpg

I have a couple of these for dump trailers. Different color though.

Nice work Denver!

That's pretty sweet Jim. Although my wife would probably quit me if she had to load that thing. She got a gob of pitch in her hair yesterday and I thought it was all over. Next time we will discuss the hazards of pitch in your hair in the pre work safety meeting...

Stepping stones bro, its the first step in mechanization.

We don't have the big pickups here so most trailers are around this size, mines 9 x 5 and will hold 2T.

trailer.jpg

Usually do a small job and haul it to a bigger job where I meet my chipper guy. On a decent tree the log goes in the trailer as firewood. On my third clutch now so an auto is prolly better for regular towing. Even with a chipper the trailer is still a critical tool imo.

I feel like in the museum of fundamental tree work, there is a dump trailer pulled by a Buick with someone slashing brush in the back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's pretty sweet Jim. Although my wife would probably quit me if she had to load that thing. She got a gob of pitch in her hair yesterday and I thought it was all over. Next time we will discuss the hazards of pitch in your hair in the pre work safety meeting...

vegetable oil removes pitch.

Thanks guys. Broke guy starting out. Gotta get creative sometimes.
Once you get a dump trailer you'll wonder how you ever got along w/o one before!

I suspect there is a german economist who coined a term about how much harder/ less efficiently/ less profitably you operate until you get more equipment, so it takes longer to get the equipment.

Anyone get what I'm putting down?

I heard that their is some long german word for the joy your feel seeing your friend fail. Maybe that's Jackass on MTv or whatever.

That would have to be an older Buick. Back when they made vehicles that could do something.

I get it Sean. Gotta start somewhere though. It's a struggle to get productive when you don't have the credit to do so. Took me quite a while to get outta that hole. Now life presents so many new problems.

Really?

That's how you're doing it?

Yea bro, tree game is different here. There are guys that just chip for other outfits, guys that do stumps for other outfits, all day every day. My mate ran his company with a trailer and pickup, couple years later he has a 990, 1590, two trucks and an avant. We all start with pretty much nothing...

I'm buying his 990 later this week tho 8)

I'm thinking about a dump trailer with some storm money. Now that I have two heavier duty trucks, I can pull one dump trailer and one chipper. Ask me how fun it was unloading stump grinding debris from a flatbed yesterday (my weekend fill-in employee's dog ran off in the morning with a pack of dogs running their island, so he didn't make it)...3300 pounds of roots and grinds give a guy time to think about buying a dump trailer.

I'd rather get a more expensive end-game dump trailer, but am thinking of economizing. Hard decision. Seems that they like to finance stuff, I don't. Maybe the purchase price of the cheaper one as down payment on the end-game one. Let it make the money up.

Check around and see what got traded in around you Sean. That is how I got my 10'. I got fed up with craigslist. Called around. Picked that white beauty up for under 3500.00. Guy traded it up for a larger trailer. Then the co went through it to sell it.

Ha, found the picture of when I picked it up.
And drive your mini right up in it. This one is 7k rated.

Attachments

• tmp_17623-IMG_20151105_161757929_HDR-1556700490.jpg
    tmp_17623-IMG_20151105_161757929_HDR-1556700490.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 64
Bucket on the mini that barely fit the gate, Chris, and some large roots on the Arbor Trolley. My trailers are flatbeds with removeable sides. I work moving stuff downhill as much as I can, as efficiently as I can, lifting as little as I can. Took about 20 minutes at the end of the day, fresh coffee perhaps.

If I have dirty/ rocky rakings, I sometime aim to get it on a tarp and burrito-wrap it with a ratchet strap. Move it to and into the trailer in a bundle. Unload it in a bundle. Unstrap. Goes quickly, but nothing like hydraulic.

I have two large rolling greenwaste cans at home/ shop. Seems that I rarely need to go to 'the dump'. Loading them, and ramping into the trailer works efficiently in situations, not tying up the mini from other work.

I'd like to get clamshells for my BMG. That would help more than a bucket, most times.

I suspect there is a german economist who coined a term about how much harder/ less efficiently/ less profitably you operate until you get more equipment, so it takes longer to get the equipment.

Anyone get what I'm putting down?

I heard that their is some long german word for the joy your feel seeing your friend fail. Maybe that's Jackass on MTv or whatever.

schadenfreude Sean.

Anyway dump/tipping trailers. Here's mine, I use it for moving macherinery and wood from jobs.

Like most european stuff, lighter than yours, can take up to 2.5 tonnes.

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 60
2.5 tons capacity isn't bad at all.

10k trailers here have about 7000 payload, from what I'm seeing, which is 3.5 tons.

Back