But I'm not dead yet ... Age and climbing

Come on Jay, Aurelius was a Caesar, and not speaking about materialistic wealth IMO.

How many countries do you think Branson or Gates have rule over?

Jomo

Yes Butch, and I believe Aurelius was speaking of the graves every man's destined to fill whether emperor or peasant.

Jomo

Pushin Monsanto's GMO seeds around the world's disruptive enough Jay.

Gates is no good guy in my book.

Do Japanese do GMO cuisine, knowingly?

Jomo

Its an odd paradox, Jomo. Though it's illegal to grow GMO food crops in the country, Japan is a big importer of the stuff.

Speaking of age, it happened again today. Turned up again today with the crew, slip on the harness and the client says "I didn't réalise YOU climbed the trees!"

I might have to start dying my hair and shave the beard off.

No I won't Jim, quite right.

It's a good answer Jay, I don't really mind that much, it just shocks me a bit every time it happens.

It's a good answer Jay, I don't really mind that much,

Hard to run a business from the top of a tree :drink: I oughta know as that's how I did it for a long time.

I'm rather lucky right now. I always have a small crew, myself and 2 others, one is normally highly skilled /paid and the other is more of a laborer/paid less. Long story short, now I have 2 highly paid/skilled guys. The daily gross seems to be working out fine and its nice to have all that ability on the crew. One guy is 50 y o and i don't think you could find anyone anywhere who works harder. He'd rather jab a knife in his eye than stand there doing nothing, always looking for something to do to complete the job. He's a solid climber, can climb anything but is 100% old school in his approach so sometimes it is a tad slower but it always gets done. He's strong as an ox at 5'5" 215lbs. The other guy is a millennial, been with me 9 years, he has immense natural talent. He can basically climb anything at all-trees, houses, wires, rocks, and he has insane strength and balance at 160lbs. He has excellent mechanical ability and can fix most things. He's awesome on the ropes cuz he 'gets it" and because he has hydraulic winches for arms, he can crane over rather large limbs and then run them down with no porta wrap. He does like to sit around a lot checking his phone, eating, drinking, pissing, shitting, but then when necessary he puts on a burst and blows away the task at hand.We call him the Ninja because that's how he rolls, and also because he is an amateur mma fighter.

One guy is 50 y o and i don't think you could find anyone anywhere who works harder. He'd rather jab a knife in his eye than stand there doing nothing, always looking for something to do to complete the job.
Sounds like a rare jewel Cory. Guys like that seem to me to be getting scarcer all the time. If they are indeed, I wonder what could be done to reverse that trend?
The Eagles rock Chris, they were "my" group back in the '70s.

Don't feel bad fellas, I get the pop eye 'YOU are the climber' all the time, not only silver hair but a woman!!!

Back