But I'm not dead yet ... Age and climbing

On the call ahead/ follow up note, jobber is great for that. It sends automated emails or texts a few days before a scheduled job or bid.

I'll put it this way, we have my own old tree business in Vernon, Davey, Bartlett, atleast a handful now of other 'established' tree businesses.

There is not a single one that I would give a open two week window to come and do work at my place when it suited there schedule. Never.

Every business I have contracted to do work on my property has set a date/time. So again maybe it's cultural thing, here it's not a casual get to it when we can kind of environment.

Cultural, maybe so. Or maybe when your as much of a baller as Cory is folks just say "okay, please come whenever you can" 8)

Not everyone is like me obviously. I rolled in many times on the agreed upon date/time and no one was around.

Of course it's preferred. Espescially on big dicey removals with lots of potential for property damage.:D

But for some reason I found those are the ones that it was really important that they knew when you were coming!

IMG_0819.jpg

Well I'm not dead yet but the wife hasn't pulled in the drive either. I was gonna get something accomplished today. Only thing I did was clean out the garage fridge. She's gonna be so mad:\::thumbup:

Interesting input re scheduling. Btw I don't generally say I'll be there anytime within 3 weeks; the idea is that it will be about 3 weeks, give or take several days. Also, agreed that a call or text the night before gets cars etc moved ahead of time.

yeah that is interesting input, I will start using shop time to fill in the gaps as I move towards more equipment and likely tell people up front that anything under half a day is scheduled whenever I can fit it, no time to piss around, if you want to be there - then be there.

Talking about age and climbing. How many of you guys remember Eugene D. Hendrickson who worked as a line clearance tree trimmer for many, many years in California? He climbed well into his seventies.

He wrote a great book about his years of climbing. Its called CLIMBING TREES CAN BE FUN...SOMETIMES.

The book has long been out of print, but I just checked Amazon.com and it looks there are 2 copies available somewhere. Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/re...ch-Books-Submit.x=0&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.y=0

Give a book report when you are done with it!

Just completed 50 years, only climbed a couple of times last year, none yet this year, but my daughter does have a good size hanger in her silver maple. I may get 51 years in the book soon. I still enjoy it, but the little stroke slowed me down last August. Think I have fully recovered except for being in good shape. By the way, I will turn 70 on July 1st.

Back