Fallen Yucca

Page

TreeHouser
A customer of mine has a Yucca plant about 3' high that has fallen over. I don't know much about this particular plant. I'm gonna try to stand it back up and prop it. How hardy are these things. Any suggestions on what to use for props? Do you think Yucca's are likely to root back it or should I design the props to be more permanent? Thanks in advance.

Yucca's are pretty dang tough in these parts. I'm not sure about the question of supports, good luck!

If it's what I think it is, just cut off enough lower leaves to bury 8" in the ground and it will root/recover.

By some bags of sand, dig a deep two foot hole that'll drain well, fill the hole with sand, and stuff the yucca trunk into the sand bouta foot or more, stake for 6 months to a year, then remove all stakes.

Good drainage is an absolute must.

Cacti n succulents are all the rage out here now!

Jomo

I cut a 10 foot chunk of yucca the other month and threw it in the truck... later that day I left it on the street. It was gone in an hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

First off, I don't know the first thing about yucca, or other cactus either.

But I have seen during my several travels to the SW states, transplanted ones, even really big saguaro and Joshua tree, that appear to have next to no root system, set on a fairly shallow hole and braced with 3 or 4 long 2x4 staked in tight. Seems to be a normal practice with them.

Haha!!

Jomo and Butch have pretty much hit it on the head for recovering a Yucca. Almost bombproof.

Back