Service Body fuel filler questions

SeanKroll

Treehouser
My Superduty service body was bought needing TLC. The fuel line started leaking when filling yesterday.
It used to be a bucket truck (on the Title), maybe the bucket was swapped for the service body, rather than just removing the boom, as I'd guessed.

In talking to the dealer, it seems each service body will need a 'custom' filler neck.

I have different sized hoses, spliced, going from small at the top (1"-1.5") to 2" +/- at the tank. The upper, smaller diameter tube is 'sleeved' into the 2" with an intermediate size between them (three layers thick), held with hose clamps. Seems like not exactly the right way to adapt it.

How should it be adapted for size change?

I'll get pictures and measurements later.

I've never dealt with dropping a tank, or the filler neck. I have tight access to the top of the tank and the 2" hose through a cut-out in the floor, possibly from a previous fuel pump swap or something (thought it was from the bucket, but it doesn't look like it).

In a pinch I've gone to NAPA and got some exhaust pipe reducers, welded them together then spray'em with cold galvanize. Stainless would be the real deal but hard to find on the street.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Bob.

IMG_20170502_082031876.jpg

I'll try for better pics. I have to unwrap the covering on the rear fuel tank. It has leaked since I got it.

Back