New one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Click the full screen box in bottom right to see full size screen. ;)

Stihl needs to step up their game on the commercial end of chainsaw RnD to lead the way.

Umbilically supplied saws, no fuel tanks, oil tanks, air boxes or starter cords!

Won't run outta anything till mommy does, and she can hold fifty fuggin gallons!

How long can you cut nonstop?

Don't make us dang yanks do it first now, yu hear?

Jomo

You don't want a tiny lanyard for your pistol grip, but you aren't bothered dragging an air hose all around the tree ?!!!

No, I was thinking more along the lines of a compound hose assembly inside a synthetic jacket, rated at above 6K lbs tensile strength.

On a reel, attached to a UNIMOG, with remote wireless control.

Redirect at the base, up into the tree, remote control dynamic SRT.

Way overdue George Jetson stuff Marc.

Jomo

But not on their two stroke chainsaws.......

An EMS microprocessor does not a fuel injector make....

But you knew that.

Jomo

Within the next ten or so years, I think battery saws will make 2 stroke ones obsolete. Developing a device like that will be as pointless as designing shoes for fish

Within the next ten or so years, I think battery saws will make 2 stroke ones obsolete. Developing a device like that will be as pointless as designing shoes for fish

I wonder that as well, my little battery topper is great, but can they get the power up?

Cordless stuff has been around for years, what do they need to do to match a mid range saw? Anyone understand the technology?

Ergonomics make a lightweight umbilically fed, fuel injected, two stroke motor superior, both on land and underwater.

Deal with it.

Jomo

Ok Jomo.....

"Nurse! He's forgotten his medications, is out of his bed and is wandering around the corridors again"

I think battery saws are coming on a commercial scale. They are here on a consumer level, and improving rapidly. They are taking over the corded power tool market right now.

I'm thinking along the lines of a new form of a power source, or harnessing the power of a grain of sand - sized Uranium orrrr some such crazy shit.

Maybe shrink a battery 10, 20 times smaller.

c402f379b40ed63875ab99887a15b291_science-ancient-aliens-meme-for-science-meme_408-356.jpeg

Hydrogen's fairly bountiful, mighty clean n friendly when produced renewably.

My sun my sun.

A bit challenging to contain n pipe through a conduit that won't leak it though.

Pig tails n umbilicals....

Jomo

What I meant was I bet the tech exists to make a kick ass battery powered saw. But there is no incentive to, it would be to expensive.

As to the remote powered saw, not in my line of work, not hauling hoses all over hell and gone, I promise you. Not condusive to getting away from the stump, either.

Maybe for you Jo... but not in this treeman's lifetime for woods work, or any residential work more that a few meters from the curb.

But you generally seem willing to pursue options that seem foolish to me, and though I consider this a crazy idea rather like some others of yours, I hope they serve you well. I'd never say you shouldn't try.

Back