Mike Rowe on TED

TreeMuggs

Treehouser
One of my all-time favourite TED Talks!

<div style="max-width:640"><div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://embed.ted.com/talks/mike_rowe_celebrates_dirty_jobs" width="640" height="360" style="position:absolute;left:0;top:0;width:100%;height:100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe></div></div>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TED = Technology, Entertainment, Design

TED Talks are influential videos from expert speakers on education, business, science, technology, creativity, and in this case, testicles.

The standard format has a time limit of 18 minutes, with a bit of leeway on the part of the moderators. For anyone with a bad case of intellectual curiosity, such as myself, TED talks are an incredible source of new information. Highly recommended!

The 25 Most Popular TED Talks of all time

Most people script and rehearse their talk for weeks or months to nail it. Mike made this one up on the spot. He's one smart cookie.

Mike Rowe TED Talk and Mike Rowe on the Tim Ferriss Show - EducatedClimber.com/Blog

Just listened to this. I think this is required listening for everyone, arborist or any other person.

Also I am old enough to know exactly what he is talking about with the lambs!!!

As an community college/trade school educator, I fully recognize the problem with getting people into trade schools to learn the required skills for most of the jobs that are looking for workers at any level. Physical labor is not a dirty job or word. It is often easier to realize what you have accomplished after a large trim or removal than it is after you deliver a great lecture as a professor. Hopefully, in the long run I helped to create a person who is as passionate about doing the work as I was in exposing them to the finer points of doing it and recognizing the end effect of their work, even if it is 5 years down the road.

Thanks for posting this and listening to my thoughts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IRVdiHu1VCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike is a big proponent of apprenticeship and on the job training, encouraging young people to get real skills for jobs that actually exist, instead of just fancy pieces of paper from over-priced colleges. I couldn't agree more.

What did you think of the video Jerry?

Back