Big chipper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure what an artifact is? In person you can really hear the difference. Regular chippers are just "bang bang bang" where these have such a smooth "Swish"sound. Just smoother is all I can say.

Sorry but yes Cory switched out the axle, easy peasy, only surprise was the tongue jack wouldn't lift the machine !!!

What did you do, put in a bigger jack? Or is it a big hydraulic jack and it wouldn't lift it?

We have two chip trucks and that is the small one, thinking about taking the boom off of the knuckle boom truck and extending the bed from 16: to 20. We do make a lot of chips in a hurry.

Cory the chipper has a hydraulic jack and I lowered it all the way down and put jack stands under the feed shoot and thought jack would lift it.

Oh ok.

Jack stands of some kind under the feed chute are a good thing :thumbup:

Cory it has 1800 hours, found it online up in Canada , they were asking $45k . Back in March I offered them $35k delivered to me .. they said no

Waited them out and they called back and went for it.

I should mention a guy Matdand from the buzz was awesome and went and looked at it for me and made great videos of it so I wasn't buying it totally on faith alone.

First bad thing is if you look at the picture one wheel is not on the ground. Matdand didn't pick up on that as when he looked at it the hydraulic jack was all the way down so it looked ok. Anyways it's a torqflex axle and I don't think it's going to be fixable, $1000 for new axle. Haven't chipped with it yet but may even go to my wood yard this evening and run some logs through it for fun.

I have always had good luck buying used as I'm not scared to wrench on shit, hopefully my luck holds with this one
Ah crap, I knew something looked weird with the way it was parked, sorry Paul! Glad to see the autofeed works though!

Omg the 1990 is a freak. Lets see some pics!!

1990 reminds me of a chipper that thinks its a bulldozer8)

Matdand, you did say something in one of the vids about the axle looking weird, I chose to ignore it as I really wanted this chipper:) I also put a new auto feed on it.

Robbie my climber worked with a 1990 for a month last winter in Hawaii and raved about it. He now says the 565 chips WAY better. I don't know personally as I haven't ran one. Did you buy that used one in PA for like $45k ?

Matdand, you did say something in one of the vids about the axle looking weird, I chose to ignore it as I really wanted this chipper:) I also put a new auto feed on it.

Robbie my climber worked with a 1990 for a month last winter in Hawaii and raved about it. He now says the 565 chips WAY better. I don't know personally as I haven't ran one. Did you buy that used one in PA for like $45k ?

I bought it used but from Modern Equipment. It's a 2015 with low hours and best part is it's still a tier 3 motor! We bought it because we got a boom truck this year too and needed something to process the brush a little faster.

Yup when you roll with a crane the ground equipment needs to keep up. How do you feed the brush into it? We have one guy with a wheel loader , with the new chipper he has no trouble keeping up with our 35 ton grove.

Good looking chipper BTW

Yup when you roll with a crane the ground equipment needs to keep up. How do you feed the brush into it? We have one guy with a wheel loader , with the new chipper he has no trouble keeping up with our 35 ton grove.

Good looking chipper BTW

We have a ditch witch mini, Terex pt30, and a cat 257b to feed the chipper with.

I wanna put a grapple kinda device on mine, a yarding arm of sorts. To keep it simple to operate I was thinking of a mere telescoping arm with a grapple on it so you just grab brush and suck it in so idiots don't have to figure out how to make 2 cylinders make a piece move laterally. I need another project....

I wanna put a grapple kinda device on mine, a yarding arm of sorts. To keep it simple to operate I was thinking of a mere telescoping arm with a grapple on it so you just grab brush and suck it in so idiots don't have to figure out how to make 2 cylinders make a piece move laterally. I need another project....

That would be slick if you could fab something like that up! I know I could never!

I saw Mayer tree using a Vermeer 20+".. They chipped stuff that basically you would never even think of chipping. They chipped everything no matter how nasty or ugly, as in, difficult to chip.

I remember when I went to the crane thing with Mayer Tree, I had only been in the business a few years and had never seen tree work on that scale. It blew me away!

I remember when I went to the crane thing with Mayer Tree, I had only been in the business a few years and had never seen tree work on that scale. It blew me away!

Totally blew me away too. And then I went to Mayer's shop, and that was utterly amazing as well.

This is the pine we skidded and craned out of a back yard. Approx 24" dia 100' tall. Brutus likes wood....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r3uEiYJwb2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back