Why chippers without engine covers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It had a mechanical fuel pump, as stock. I've had it 10 years (God I've been feeling my age lately!). It's basically run as it is for 10+ years, except, my gray beard mechanic took off the vacuum advance, and change it (back?) to ignition points.

At one point, he said, "Probably possible to drill out the carb. You're not supposed to do it. I've been doing it about 40 years."
I said okay.
Next round of chipping, it just asked for More To Eat, Please.

I don't know why he took off the vacuum advance. Same story. IDK, but it's hungry. Not like Paul's Conehead or anything, but keeps asking for more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard to keep up on everything. A LOTTA LOTTA of gunk in the fins, particularly toward the bottom. Start with the basics, right. Never really tried water cleaning, for fear of bending the fins. Always just did air. Some of both seems to be in order.

Wednesday might be a maintenance day, if I get lucky. 2 radiators to check/ clean, oils to change, lubing, and all that.

Might sell my 1/2 ton and little SUV for a 3/4 ton crew cab 4wd, so time to clean 'em a bit more. Dahlia prefers an extended cab or standard. That means she gets to sit next to me, rather than the back seat. Her .02. :lol:

Back