Arborist Rigging Pistol

Way to heavy as it is, cobbled together from things on hand, mostly. Purpose built/ sourced parts and fine tuning could cut that in half.

I still am a proponent of some non-backlash release, rather than a consumable spool of rope to be cut.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Buncha whiners cuz me first fully functional ARP weighs 5 lbs!

Jane Fonda's got more stamina!

Will I be forgiven if n the aluminum ARP weighs half that?

Or just go hang meself with a bit of dyneema cord?

Farewell cruel world!

Jomo

Every time you guys tick me off?

It spurs an improvement to my ARP!

If I make my dozer blade friction plate capable of swiveling down 90 degrees and locking in place?

I can see the ARP as a 3-4 lb hammer for drivin wedges n pushin over tops.

The more yu rile me, the better my product becomes!

Jomo

Nothin McMaster Carr can't supply!

Coupla wedge lock washers, a few tack welds!

ARP11's gonna be handy for lots O stuff.

Jomo

I think Jerr's right bout my Steam Punk mentality.

Tree people are some of the most opinionated stubborn folks on god's green earth.

I took those two Chestnut Tools carbide blade sharpeners to a journeyman machinist, told him I wanted them taken apart and configured in a manner to sharpen points on grade 8 bolts by hand in a rotary fashion, like a pencil sharpener, adaptable to a cordless drill.

He thought about it over 6 weeks before giving them back to me sayin it was beyond him to design such a tool.

So I put em on the ice chest n stared at em for a few months, before the simplicity of pullin it off with a few strategic tack welds hit me upside the head!

Kinda like building up steam real slow before the piston gets with it....

Now I can sharpen my Innoculator Dynamic Gaffs on my tailgate in the field.

Keepin these quandaries within your range of vision seems to help solve them over time, IME.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 40
Got to admire your persistence...
Take some pictures with a neutral background, the magnificent machines are getting lost in the background clutter!

Well each climber n bucketboy I've demonstrated the ARP7 for loves it!

One of the older more experienced foreman surprised me by remarking that the ARP8 with saltwater reel n drag'd work great in combination with a speedline, as both descent control and haulback! Bloody right he is too.

The only negative feedback on the ARP I'm gettin's from some of the "experts" here!

One of the novice young climbers was usin a variation of the three fingered tautline hitch I've never seen before, but intend to try.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 39
Oh don't try and create a siege mentality Jomo, most have been positive and supportive.

The people who seen it in action and loved it have...you know, seen it in action, we haven't for reasons best known to yourself.

Now stop being an attention whore, video it, post it, you're milking this it a bit.

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to.....

Jomo

Ha! Every party has its ending. Now pull up ya skirt and post up a vid of it in action. So us 'experts' can see wtf we're talking about even!

That three fingered funky fist interests me, looks less prone to walkin out on yu.

I reciprocated for the youngster by showin him how to tie an anchor hitch on his biner to reduce slop n waggle.

Jomo

Dang, the ARP7's spool can hold over 230 feet of Mason's line.

Gonna have to see how much 880 lb rated dyneema it holds?

Enough to send lunch up to Reg when he's real hungry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 33
Put me on the list for the demo the demo models. I test the heck out of it and give an honest review. As far as sending Reg lunch, I don't think he eats until he touches the ground or is at home. He might want something sent up though.
Had a few to many beers. Easier to add this than edit my wrong choice of words.

All of my weight testing indicates the polyester jacketed nylon 1/8th inch cord's can support my entire bodyweight and then some.

But not the cheapo Mason's cord, it snapped, but it may be due to rough edges that need a bit more champhering n polishing.

I wouldn't trust the Mason's line for anything over fifty lbs at this point.

Maybe Jerr'll rent the ARP7 to yu Rich!

The ARP8's gonna be all mine!

Jomo

Yes it all makes sense now ... Fantastic invention that few understand , never a video demonstration , and no treehouser (except for the inventor) will ever get to try it out.

Back