Arborist Rigging Pistol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is it you don't get about optimizing your grip on a limb you're catching left handed, and cutting free right handed Al?

Cut free, catch, swing over drop zone, pull trigger, reload/retie clip, repeat as needed.

I know I'm a happy pistolero!

Jomo

In the 8th grade, I heard a boy ask Coach Woods, our math teacher, what a certain item he didn't understand was for...Coach's response was, "to make fools ask questions."

Any more questions?

Bob, the flexible rope takes the torque off your arm joints. The limb can twist the rope relatively freely, unlike your wrist/ elbow/ shoulder. Lotta torque at times. Its common to have repetitive-overuse musclo-skeletal issues for climbers in their arms, as you'd expect.

Well I attended the San Diego Professional Tree Care Association's monthly meeting tonight.

The main subject was ergonomic work positioning by Danny Simpson of the San Diego Zoo.

I bit my tongue till the meeting was over, asked a few of my old time associates to stick around till the crowd thinned out, then showed them the ARP7.

Each of my old friends n employers were impressed enough to make appointments with me then n there to demonstrate the pistol for their climbers n bucket flyers, gonna be a busy week. They understood the ARP's advantages immediately.

I hope to demonstrate the ARP8 at this year's PTCA Field Day Seminar.

Come on out to San Diego guys, I'll show yu how it woiks!

Jomo

The real test of it's worth will be to see if Sherrill makes a copy of it and markets it under another name.

Verily I say unto thee!

Put forth thine hand!

And let there be light!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 41
What we've got here is failure to appreciate!

The inherent benefits of egomania.....

Strother's not such a bad guy!

Jomo

It ain't over till fat Stig sings out,

I unnerstand!

Till then you're all a buncha mutinous Clantons!

Jomo

"the next big thing"

Hillbilly carbide point sharpeners!

Yu take two Chestnut Tools carbide blade sharpeners see, pillage both blades, smush em together with grip pliers at just the right angle, stick a little hose clamp on it to act as a bedknife n smush against, a little bolt n some spit!

Voila!

Razor sharp gaff points!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 47
I'm just beginning to get the drift of this tool...but 5 pounds seems way over the top as a negative, hour after hour, for what it provides in ergonomic relief.

I understand the point, but wouldn't a loop runner around the wrist do the same thing with even less finger strain?

Ok, then use just the cheap rope and make a disposable loop right in the tree. So you need a small bag to have it in, or just an ironworker spool if you want to get fancy. Handsaw to cut it with. Or am i missing something?

Back