How do paved driveways tolerated falling trees?

Hahahahahahaaa.

I had fun doing that once on a house that was gonna be demolished.

It felt so weird popping that big ass limb on that roof... and it held!

Don't that just piss you off! I fell a decent sized maple against an old barn that was being torn down an the only thing I damaged was the gutter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only ended up falling 2 trees across the driveway and the other one out into the road. The bigger tree I fell across the drive had what I call a sucker limb (a big limb that grows almost like a forked top). I had to climb it to tie a line in it so we could pull it over so I cut that limb out to avoid any damage. So with a log on each side of the driveway and 3/4" plywood laid between them it seemed to work, no damage and I will sleep better tonight.

IMG_3087.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was a good video, lots of good explanations. Thanks for posting. Was that your video?

I have another pine to remove that will be fell onto a driveway. It is probably 22" dbh and broke out at about 60'. It's going to hit hard and there isn't a lot of room to lay it. I was going to climb it and avoid any possible damage but the home owner said "no". He thinks it's unnecessary risk to cilmb it... Ok, I'll do my best to guard the driveway from any damage and let'er fall.

Back