Questions regarding disconnecting phone line

Yup. If you have a company with ten year or newer trucks it might not be a bad idea to stop into or call your local phone company about bidding line clearing for the fiber optic. You're just making room for the lashing machine. Here they want a price per hour and then the bid written by hours per span. I haven't done any of it since I started on my own but I did a slew of it last year as a sub. Pretty easy work.

That is a sweet gig. We did a bunch of it the last couple of years. Easy work. Even had a few of the smaller towns argue with the cable company enough to have us do it to standards, not just stub cut out a 3x3 box.

The first time I bid one to standard I bid it at 32 hours and the company we bid it for was super pissed and so was out boss. They wanted it rebid by somebody who "knew what the company needed". So I went back out there and bid it for 200 man hours at prevailing wage for like 6 spans. They loved it, and we ended up being the lowest bid. When we went to do the work me and two other guys smashed it all out in about a 9 hour work day. I want to say it was a $7,200 bid? Phone company was happy and the tree company owner wanted to pay commission for the 1,100 I bid the first time and not the 7,200 I bid the second time when we actually got the job. Fun was had by all...

Back