Little Stump Grinder

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. I'll post back when I get it all set up with it's fancy new cutting head :D

I missed it, is there something wrong with the wheel/cutters on it? I'd run it as Is so you can compare if possible.

Nice looking set up Sam. You're gearing up pretty well. Just out of curiosity, how old are you? Seems to me approaching the age that I don't like a boss.

Nice score Sam, i especially like how proud the dog looks, like yeah whats up? Some dogs dig under a fence, i use this to dig up stumps lol. On a serious note it looks very clean and well maintained, get some sharp teeth and hopefully it makes you some good money. I ran a rental one on a massive sycamore once, it was a very long 2 days, but with the right teeth i bet it will be a perfect machine for a majority of stuff.

36 Rich. Wish I hadn't wasted my early 20's. . . :|:

Haha, thanks Kyle. I'll tell him you said that ;)

Yep. I suspected. Approaching 40 seems to be a turning point. I'm going through it now and several others in our era as well.

Great buy on that machine. It is very clean as others have said. How many hours on it?

700 hours Merle. The old gentleman I got it from had it stored indoors. Said they had a bigger one and didn't run this unit a whole lot. . .

Yeah Justin, I'm going to put fresh stock teeth on it today and run it for a bit. The idea of only having 6 cutting teeth to worry about really appealed to me. I've got the actual Green Wheel coming for it. . .

Cheers Rich. 8)

I hope the wheel performance is up to what it is marketed to do.

I'd like to see side by side stump grinding comparisons that are more objective than two stump grinding contractor's testimonials.

I don't understand how it make the stumper take the 'right' amount.

I understand the concept that only one wheel set of cutters are in contact at a time, so the machine can hold its RPMs better. Wonder in reality if it has time to keep pulling the RPMs back up every 1/4 revolution or so.

They still sell the quadwheel, and more traditional set ups.

I'd love to hear that it makes a big difference compared to greenteeth in a standard wheel.

Back