New toy!

CoreyYLTG

Treehouser
On an impulse I bought a saw today. I wanted a little bit longer bar on my 372XP, but the only husky dealer is across town and there was a stihl dealer right up the street from where we are working today, so I ended up grabbing a 461 with a 28 inch bar. A proper set of falling dogs and an ultra light bar will be in tomorrow, and I just ordered a dual port exhaust a few minutes ago. I think I'm in love with it. 20170426_104058.jpg

Nice.

If your dealer is up on it, there is a MS461 recall mentioned on the TreeHouse. My 6 month old MS461 is at the dealer getting inspected, as it is within the batch.

Fire hazard from leaking fuel.

What did the dual port cost?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good tip on the recall. I will ask about it when I'm in tomorrow. The dual port was around $65 from Bailey's.

I'm trying to get it dirty but it isn't really the right tool for what we are doing today. Monday will be a good run for it though.

Squisher approved means a lot. I've always wanted one but never really got around to buying my own, Im thinking back on all the times this would have been better to have than a 660...

I had a 046 and a 660. Very good on cutting up a large tree. Have a guy with the 046 start on the small end and I would start on the fat end with the 660 and in no time at all we would meet in the middle.

I don't think squisher approves means much here. The 46's are pretty much universally approved. But when I sold my business I was up around 20 saws? And I kept four, because you never know. Lol. I don't think I'd be comfortable having less. But two of them are 460's.

MS 461 is a hell of a saw.
Mine has lasted 3 logging seasons so far, and doesn't seem like it is about to give up.
That is more than what I usually get out of my mid class saws.

You'll be very pleased with it. I just got my second one after 3 years off hard use. It gets used every bit as much as my top handle. I try to stick to either a 20" or a 25" bar. It'll pull a 28" just fine but that's what the 661 is for. I want to take my 362's and trade them toward another 461.
Sean thanks for reminding me of the recall. I need to check mine.

A fine choice, the 461.

Heck, Squish...even this retired ol' fart has 5 saws :). 200T, 200RH, 361, 044, and 064.

4 is barely enough :D.

One of the very best all around saws out there IMHO. Great buy man.

Mine wears a 28" Sugi and full skip. It's a match made in heaven.

Cheers

So after playing with it a little I think the stihl RS factory sharp chain is a wee bit hungry on the 28" for the dead ash I play in most of the time. I'm In the shop fixing that now.

So with the light bar this thing is balanced perfect with the 28" bar, and cuts like a machine now that the chain is right. I think this is my favorite saw at the moment. 20170427_113926.jpg

I had to take two 461's in for the recall check. They replaced the fuel line just in case it had been pinched during assembly, apparently they were fine, but they replaced them anyway.
My 461 doesn't get much work...I don't think people believe I am capable of lifting it up, much less cutting trees with it...sigh, the difficult life of a midget tree elf.

Fi, put a light bar on it.
I know they are expensive, but it makes a very noticeable difference.

Back