New toy!

Yes.
8b376342607979d2af750e02db9772b5.jpg

Awesome!8)

You guys running modded saws, do you ever grow weary of the noise? It used to be when starting mine up there was the anticipation of a mean bugger to slice and dice, now a little voice in my head says, "Here comes the noise". :(

It's still bad with earplugs AND muffs?

That's what we wore when we were around noisy spaces offshore.

Even then, it was still kinda loud.

Not bad with protection, but more just the thought of making so much noise. It used to irritate one crane op a lot. He didn't say much, but i could tell.

Posts like these are why I miss seeing Chris around this forum. Amazing insights. Almost Zenlike.

I found this thread by viewing another thread in which he posted, which got me wondering when the last time he came around happened to be. So I looked at a drop-down list of his most recent posts and found these beauties. If anybody has a way to get in touch with him, they could let him know that he is missed here, and that his old posts are still being appreciated.

I have not kept up with the changes in his life. A conversation better left to the elder's forum. I'm just glad to have found this thread and these posts.

Tim

I just bought and am using a 460 built by White River Chainsaws in Washington. Cylinder is milled, woods ported, and has dual port muffler. It's plain nasty. It's just a very very aggressive saw. Performs like the next engine class up. Between the professional mods and precision chain set up, this saw walks itself through the wood. With every passing year I'm seeing more and more that attention to my chains determines more than the engine of the saw. I constantly stop work and take 2 minutes to put one pass of the file on each tooth. Especially if I'm falling hardwood timber. Bore cutting is a dream when I keep my chains razor sharp with the right angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chain is everything. Take a 660 and put a dull chain on it. It loses all usefulness. But take a 260 and spend a half hour on the tailgate dressing each tooth and taker to perfection and now the saw exceeds what Stihl engineered it to be capable of on average. Everyone thinks they sharpen well but truthfully I feel most don't. Some get the chains razor sharp but they cut rough as hell and cut away at the life expectancy of the saw. And while the chain is sharp, it doesn't actually walk itself through wood smoothly because the angles are junk.

Just think how great this place would be if every cool TreeHouser was still here.

That would be fricking awesome.

Chris is a great fellow, really wish he was still active. He's been dealt some tough hands over the years, and I sure hope things are OK with him and his family.

He seems to be holding his own from his FB posts, but struggles some non the less. His demons still chase him. His dogs are awesome, kids are growing, hunting is peace I think, and the occasional fire arm aquisition.
Chris is a really good egg. I miss him being more active here.

He's still fairly active on FB.

Hey, Mellow! If you manage to see this post, maybe you could try to communicate with Chris on Facebook and let him know that people here are missing him. I'm not on Facebook, and have no idea how it all works over there. Can you do a private message thing over there like you can here? If yes, you could make a request that he visit here once in awhile in private, and see what he says.

Thanks in advance if you choose to try to make this gesture.

Tim

Back