New toy!

My view was skewed because I was spoiled by a modded 460 that was just rank. It made the 'jump' to a stock 660 seem unimpressive. It was more impressive again though once the 660 was modded. :D

Stock saws are like a exercise in frustration once you've run modded ones.

I bet you are right.

My 460 is pretty nice, but I suspect it is totally stock. I could maybe mod the muffler or something, but it may come as a shock, but I dont use them all that much. Mainly just cutting up fire wood for the wood stove I dont have.

When things get tough I just grab the Pro Mac 850 and get after it.

I can see that,a ported saw is a different case for sure. In the tree I liked the 44 with 28" and skip chain,agile setup for me.
The 46 is a tad heavier with a bit more power but right now i go straight for my 390 with a 32" with skip tooth after my 201 runs out of umph(little bit of port).
I did like my temperamental 372 alot.

That said i got a good running stihl362 i rocked with 28" skip tooth for not hardwood that did fair,got stolen from jobsite. I honestly didn't read this thread yet and am just conversing,sorry if i am off point and topic 😁

Well that's a fine looking saw with the light bar n proper dawggs👍
Hell I could imagine with some proper port work that thing would be a savage beast! Excellent buy👊

I can't recall the stats off the top of my head but I'm Quite confident that it added up so basically if you were carrying a 44 why wouldn't you carry a 46.
Between the stock Stihl's, the ms460 used to have the most power to weight ratio. I don't know with the new versions though.

That's what I thought too?

I only ran a 24" bar on my 460, that was the standard ground saw. Two 200's or 201's and two 460's with 24" and one 660 with 36" made up the truck.

Do any of you recall the member here Timberwolf? My Timberwolf modded 460 was a unbelievable saw. That sucker had 3/4 wrap and big aftermarket dogs on it. Used to make me feel like a superhero running it. Lol. One saw to rule them all!

I think I have a 461 coming tomorrow morning. I have a stump grind in Waterford then I'll go up to Burford and see what doin'.

My view was skewed because I was spoiled by a modded 460 that was just rank. It made the 'jump' to a stock 660 seem unimpressive. It was more impressive again though once the 660 was modded. :D

Stock saws are like a exercise in frustration once you've run modded ones.

Yes.
8b376342607979d2af750e02db9772b5.jpg

Back