Telephone pole as part of skyline?

Completely understand, the horizontal crack for me is one of the lines i won't cross. I'm still learning tho, but thats a never gonna happen for me. Turned down a sycamore a few years ago, bid it, guy waited 2 years, and by then it had a horizontally cracked stem about 50 foot. He was a friend, but i told him no way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chris if I stuffed coal up my ass this morning I would be selling you diamonds tonight. Especially when the utility truck pulled out and the guys got out to see what the hell I was doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I played dumb. When they asked me what I was doing I said "tree guy stuff". That got me a bit of a chuckle. They seemed much less grumpy after I explained why I did what I did, but they made it clear it was a no no.

I just finished reading your post in the Midwest people are generally a little more laid back I grew up in Wisconsin if that guy saw me doing that here in New England he would have thrown the book at me. I have allot of dead Ash around here too. The freaking Beatles are everywhere I have 4 acres of wooded land. And allot of dead Ash that were living when I moved here 20 years ago. I'm glad your O.K. and understand your 2nd comment the tree should have been removed as soon as it died especially in such a close quarters area.
Ted

I would never use a utility pole for assistance doing tree work. Your asking for trouble. Utility poles come in different classes and in all different lengths. They are put in the ground 10% of off their length +2'. So a 50' pole is installed 7' down. Your not pulling it over but so many other things can happen.

Back