Cable core test

Grendel

TreeHouser
I know the internet is replete with examples of this, but I've always wanted to try it for myself.

You honestly probably wouldn't even notice. . . :\:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6iERnPNlWe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crazy that it will cut through a wire core lanyard like butter but you couldn't cut through a 16 penny nail with 2 chains.

A good beefy grip.

I've always wanted some foam grips that slip on over the rope (lengthwise-cut). Tight enough to not move around on their own, easy to slide. A big, fat gripping surface, like 2"/ 50mm, on an 11 mm rope.

Sam do you mind if I show that to the guys I work with. I've been saying for years it's a false sense of security. Only reason I use one is I like how they flip

I wonder if you could get more cut resistance from a higher performance type wire rope core, or stainless. Stainless has considerably higher breaking strength that regular steel, but how would that translate to cut resistance? Cut resistant textiles like for butcher's gloves and whatnot, generally have stainless fibers in the material.

Back