Mitts and Merrill 720 opinion

You can use a cinching method that will compact the brush, rather than "parbuckling" the brush.

Both have their places.

Yes they do, in the 1970s.

Mick, you crack me up.

Clearly a chipper is better than brush trailering, but a lot of people need stepping stones in their businesses, and the occasional terrible access jobs. I've slid down two steep, mossy, forested waterfront driveways with my chipper. POW and bull rope on the one, controlled skid on the other. Long, narrow lots. Turning around is tough. On flat, paved ground, two can spin my chipper because its light at 4400 pounds. I've had to disconnect, spin, and reconnect in order to access a few places.

Very rarely, its easier with a brush trailer, so you might as well make it as easy as possible. A dump trailer is always easiest.

Certainely have their place and are still manufactured.I rented mucho and thought long before buying ... Just couldn't commit to chuck and duck style , spent more but over the years many helpers , some of the customers , hell even my Parents have fed work safely. Doubt I could ever relax or even look away for a second w out hydraulic feed.

I often tell people when asked the difference ... Open chute style you can easily get sucked into the machine instantly if not careful handling the work , whereas w my Morbark you can get fed into the machine but it it will be be at a slower more uniform rate.

Back