Gaffless Palm Climbers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Palm Stepper's,old school ancient Sierra Moreno Euc Man saddle n nyebuck lanyard, weighing in at a hair over 18 lbs.

What most climbers don't realize about pruning skinny peeled wash fans?

The only pruning tools needed are two razor sharp carpet knives, one as backup. They weigh nothing.

There's a real art to pruning them up just right, never much over horizontal, plenty of live green fronds left, never any fruit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 32
So I'm at the airport, ready for launch, raise foot, kick out, swivel upwards, repeat with other foot, no problem goin up.

Ah but coming down brothers, that was embarrassingly tedious n time consuming!

I still believe it's doable both up n down, but it'll require greater and uniform spring pressure.

Comin down's easy anyways on a bodyline.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 27
I though on it during my breakfast. To be able to go down, maybe all you have to do is release the green bungees. Let the gravity works to put the springy strap on the downward position. If not, you stay in the ascend mode like a toothed cam on a rope.
That involved some leg's work to loose the grip (up a little) and take it again (away of the trunk and down) though.

My gut instinct's to be happy it works goin up, and leave it at that.

That kicking out to initiate the cinching, then swiveling up's an unusual maneuver, and reversing it to go down, a challenge and quite possibly dangerous.

Fluidity of motion goin up's been achieved. Whether it can work goin down's another matter it seems. I'll know more once my ratcheting tension adjusters and main shank pullies are finished.

Jomo

Back