More Power Needed

Chainsaw milling can make something light enough to move to a bandsaw. That's my interest. Odd crotches, and wide stuff, too.

2x6s are readily available at Home Depot.

Lawdy this could go on forever .In a nut shell chainsaw milling is an inexpensive portable method of salvaging lumber from what would normally be firewood .It's slow back breaking work to say the least .It's not my favorite use of a chainsaw either .

I've got 8 saws 100 cc and larger and a Grandberg mini mill that I seldom use .It's just not my cup of tea .For that matter it's seldom I even use the large saws for anything .Fire them up every so often to blow the cob webs out .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well Bugham, I guess your right, I am silly, senceless, allmost stupid, maybe lying and dumb. Wow what a man. How could you have insulted me more. Thanks. Butch Ban me now please. David Jones

Grow a thicker skin and a thinner skull. If you want to mill with a power saw you need a big frig off saw, or you need a retirement letter from some place that gives you a pension because it is going to take some time. There is nothing that will change that. Wood is hard, that is why we build with it. Making it what we need it to be takes power or time.

I guess I started out wrong, these were just fare size trees that came down in a storm. I bought this land in 1979 and have piled and burned many big and small logs that went down from storms, wind, ice and such. This is the first time I ever done anything with them. I am retired, 5 years now, as hard as it is it's kinda therapy for me, lost my wife recently. Sorry I said what I did

Sorry about your wife man, that's gotta be tough. :( this forum is one of the most polite ones I've ever seen, with a wealth of knowledge. But just under the surface is a bunch of professionals that climb trees with chainsaws and ropes (and some newer guys like me), so every now and then some realness bubbles out. Don't take anything personally, especially on the Internet, and remember everyone here is willing to help.

Levi, That child looks a little bit mad with that big ball bat

Well that sure is a mean look, I have a grandson a year an a couple months and now twins, girl and a boy. Guess where they live?

Here, was alone, then gained five, That's ok though, my son will have it all soon anyway

No not Longmont, Chickamauga, Ga. Your talkin to a Rebel way down South

Only Mac I got is a MiniMac 6. The biggest saw is a Poland 245a, then the 038 and down. I think my chain is ok, it's an old chisel shapened around 15* by hand, smooth cut I think, better than my nieghbors circler saw mill, he can't run it anymore, problems in his arms from Agent Orange. I got caught by suprise, the trees came down in my back yard about three or so weeks ago, the biggest landed within seconds of where I was standing cutting my truck out of the mess in the storm. I was just wondering about the china 066/ms660, I guess I can wait for a better saw while this lumber dries. I want a building for my 50 gmc. Thanks DJ

If you are looking at it as an investment to provide lumber for a building, invest in another saw. Keep small saw for small jobs, big saws are hard pressed for milling.

If you're around hardwood, you will need a big saw. You'll wear out a small saw prematurely, I think.

If you can, make your therapeutic activity more enjoyable.

Wear a mask.

Well Bugham, I guess your right, I am silly, senceless, allmost stupid, maybe lying and dumb. Wow what a man. How could you have insulted me more. Thanks. Butch Ban me now please. David Jones

I agree, I was harsh. Sorry about that. I actually read your post as quite trollish. I reckon now I might have been wrong.

But that doesn't change the facts.

It also doesn't change the fact that he's got quite a respectable looking load of lumber there. Produced with a saw that everyone seems to be telling him he can't or shouldn't do it with. Yet he's already done it?

Back