Dynamic Automatic Mooring Systems

Jomo

TreeHouser
Kind of an Alladdin's rope, giving you everything you ask for.

This biz and its coiled ropes are a kinked improperly aligned tangled mess!

Whereas ropes on a spool stay in perfect alignment, holding their rated capacities longer, because they lay true, in a less contaminated setting.

This thread's all about ropes on spools doing the bulk of the work at your spoken command.

Spool up slow, spool up fast, stop, etc.

Think of a Hobb's device, a GRCS, being replaced by a powered rope spool, with 600 feet of rope on it, integral to a powered wheel barrel, with all terrain capability. Power right up to the tree, all 4-5 hundred lbs of it, strap it to the tree, like a canoe, prow up, fairlead pointing straight up towards your desired most secure redirect point.

I love the idea of a loosely attached 500 pound machine at the base, acting as a fall shock absorber, a dynamic bungee cord!

Call it a marriage of powered spool, generator, half a canoe, powered 3 wheeler barrow, in a trailer, easily pulled by my little four banger toy truck.

Set your pulley, hoist it high, forest fisher in the sky!

It's a mechanized world, and I wanna get on with it.

Hopefully I'll have this harebrained contraption finished by year's end.

Jomo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Too many Shirley Temples with broken arms to carry on...

My heart bleeds for yu Mick!

Jomo

BNXKWKP.gif

It's a logic driven improvement, no entangling tail, an unobstructed work zone, all around you, 360 degrees of swiveling nirvana!

The rope doin all the musclin, you the cuttin, barkin orders, left n right.

Jomo

No, the next step'd be an entirely new overhead suspension system, a passively collapsible T Bar overhead, exactly at arm's reach.

Two webbing lines, one at each end, right at shoulder width, feeding down through each D ring on your upper saddle, then lower lower saddle rings, with inline stoppers at critical points, but eventually terminating at your boots, meaning you can stand up in harness, with a redirect swivel point at your upper D ring feed, full unimpeded blood flow to your legs.

The benefits are plentiful n sneaky enuff to drive Mick fuggin insane!

Jomo

Insane, moi? That horse has already bolted.

I look forward to you leading us all by the nose further through your Emmett "Doc" Brown phase.:|:

The older you get Mick, the more appealing working smarter becomes!

Numb nuts, are one thing.

Numb legs, another.

Jomo

The powered spool is a good idea.
Maybe a 600' spool is a bit too much for the trees outside Cali and Tasmania.

But personally, I don't like a 500 lbs mass jumping and jerking in the human area.
At all.
There is enough hazard movements with all the limbs, logs and free falling dead wood, don't add an other source of worry and risk for the ground men.
The climber can be put at risk too, because after going down, the limb/log can be pulled back up, following the jerking DAMS's movements.
Strap it tight to the tree or to a ground anchor. Then, entrust the power (rewind, clutch, brake, chock absorber...) to an hydraulic system. It can be designed to follow every needs you can think of, eventually fully automated for the adjustment according to load and speed.

It doesn't matter for you, but I would be extremely pleased to see such a system.

It's an interesting mental pictures at least. . . I'm seeing a stem donkey on a smaller scale and anchored to the tree. Something about the size of an SC252 or so. . . But I suppose, isn't that kind of what we have in the GRCS. I mean we're talking about using trees as cranes right?

You misunderstand my friend, the DAMS is meant exclusively for personnel only.

Let gravity n Hobb's support tree pieces n parts.

If I caught you a catchin wood with a DAMS I'd fire yu!

Jomo

I know I'm eager to attend a tree jamboree and see somethin radically cool n different.

You like SRT?

Then logic demands you become infatuated with dynamic SRT.

Push button up or down, or voice activated controls.

More time spent cuttin n less fuggin around!

What's not to like?

Jomo

You guy's ever heard of "screamer" dynamic force shock absorbers?

It's a folded, compressed and sewn together length of webbing, bouta foot long, mebe two inch wide, rated steel termination points.

The tearing out of the stitching threads when loaded suddenly and hard enuff, produces a distinct and audible scream.

http://yatesgear.com/climbing/screamer/

Jomo

Think about how cool it would be to have an adjustable rope speed throttle, like a motorcycle, protected in a box on your chest.

A rheostat electric control's even better, considering climbers enjoy throttling down more than up.

Now the best climbers have prehensile tails...perhaps an adjustable lightweight telescoping cane......to be able?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWuQyO7W3MU

Jomo

Don't they already make such a device that they market to the mobile rock climbing wall as to take the human balay out of the equation. I also believe they have such a device for bailing out of off shore oil rigs.

I posted here awhile ago with the idea to mount something like this (if it were RC) to the bottom of the tree, rope running through a pulley at your TIP and the climber anchored to the end of the rope. Partially inspired by some old posts of yours, Jon. I think it was something about a climber being like a spider...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p-bjyV_5TIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No doubt! I'd love to play around with one of those things, it looks like a lot of fun.

Closest system remotely controlled I've seen's an arborist with a plush crane, that he operates while hanging from, coulda been a knuckle boom, back east TB poster I believe.

Maybe Mike Poor?

Pretty cool setup, put together some time ago.

Pliant plastic moldable tech's what the future's all about!

Here's to inventions that friggin work!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 24
Back