What's a handshake worth ?

Or like when I've had that happen to me before(customer pay more than the bid), you literally shot yourself in the foot so badly that no just person could possibly ignore the fact that the job was underbid. Oh man I hate working for free, but what I hate even more is when I'm paying to work on top of it!!!!:whine: I've done that once or twice. Still takes a good custy to buck up some extra, but it's nice the odd time it's happened.

its everywhere. I deal with Craigslist a bunch. I have several items that I know the value of and constantly search for to fix up and sell. One of them is the Warn 8274 winch (that's how I recognized the sound of his winch in a video the member here with the avatar with a bird on his shoulder posted). Anyway, I literally drove three hours to pick up a jeep once just to get fifteen miles away and have the owner call me and say "Hey man, I had someone offer me two hundred more for the jeep. He picked it up last night."

Not. Happy.

On the flip side I sold a jeep cheap just to get rid of it. A guy called dibs and agreed on my asking price. I had three people call me and offer more if I'd sell it to them. I told them I'd already sold it and the guy was picking it up the next week.

My word cost me three or four hundred dollars that day.

Worth every penny...

I'll add that one who is questioning the other as being "a man of their word" might be right in doing so in their own head.

The moment they express that thought in writing or verbally, they lose said moral high ground and become the owner of sour grapes - a whiner. No one likes whinging.

I'm not calling the OP a whiner as this is solely discussion. I'm referring to interactions with negotiating parties.

Back