Best cordless tools on the market?

rayco recommends not using an electric grease gun for the grinder. I AM guessing they are worried about blowing out seals in the pillow block bearings... I think that's bound to happen anyway, but I still continue to grease by hand..

Anyone have thoughts on that???

I've had Dewalt, Makita, and a store brand from True Value hardware, all in 18v. All worked about the same, and all had battery failure far before the tools themselves were worn at all. The replacement batteries, as someone noted, cost as much as the tool, charger and battery did to start with...which is a pissah. I looked into getting the batteries rebuilt, you can find several outfits online that do, but I found no great savings there, really.

Sooooo...I'm currently using cheap shite Chinese units from Harbor Freight. Cost so little that I can buy four or five 18v. 1/2 inch chuck drill/drivers for what one Milwaukee runs. They are a bit rough, but get the job done, plenty of torque and good battery life so far.

Not the best, for sure :). But perhaps the most value.

rayco recommends not using an electric grease gun for the grinder. I AM guessing they are worried about blowing out seals in the pillow block bearings... I think that's bound to happen anyway, but I still continue to grease by hand..

Anyone have thoughts on that???
IMO what difference does it make you grease to purge right? sooo the seals get tore up anyway. Maybe they are just thinking the seals last a bit longer by not pushing as much grease so the bearings get roasted faster. IDK I grease to purge, happily with a battery powered grease gun. Mo grease mo better!

When i bought my house about 7 years ago i got the rigid set, and the reason why is that the tools and the batteries had a lifetime guarantee. Now i don't know if that's still the deal, or if they even have a grease gun or other tools you are looking for, but the set i got is awesome. We run dewalt at work, I'll take the rigid set any day. If i remember right they have adapter deals for the batteries now (so different barrettes can power different brand tools), so getting a rigid set for the lifetime batteries and whatever same voltage tools from whoever might be an option.

I ordered replacement batteries (Chinese) online when one DeWalt went kaflooie way before its time. Cheap and holding up so far. Can't remember if it is one or two years old. Should have written it on the case. Damn that old age.

Back