Looking for branch burls

Evan Sussman

TreeHouser
The below photo tells the story of my father in love/law's sculpture.

He requested that I put out a request for similar burls to the arborist community. This means any burl you find, but specifically small burls on branches. He is willing to pay reasonably for them.

Please reach out to me for contact information, or look up Leo Osbourne, Milkwood Studios.

You all might enjoy a browse of his website anyway as most of his work starts with wood.

Thank you!

e6b115260c5c436552b90d6135995108.jpg

How about something like this? The ones by my computer desk are ones I have debarked, cleaned up and clear coated. They come off grand fir trees. Most of the ones in the basket will show no evidence of being cut off a tree. They are only held on by thread of wood and can usually broke off the tree.

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll ask him. It might be preferable to have them with the branch intact still.

Nice work with the burls on the window sill!

I just reread your post and understand that these were never held onto the branch.

I sent Leo the picture, I'll let you know what he thinks.

These almost look like a branch that started to grow but for some reason formed into a ball. I took a better picture of a couple of my favorites. All natural color, just clear coated. If he is interested I would send him the ones in the basket for free. I always thought someone with a little creativity could do something very cool with them.

image.jpg

Awesome. That's how I felt about the one I gave him. I'll send this one and let him know.

Thank you Buddy! I'm Evan, what's your name?

Back