For my apprentice...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am trying to build a comprehensive listing of formal arborist apprenticeship programs across Canada and the US. You can view that page here:

educatedclimber.com/apprenticeship

I would love to get information from people from as many states and provinces as possible. I started with Ontario because that is where I live. I posted the entire Training Standard from the College of Trades, it's 68 pages long. It lists every single skill that is required by the province for an apprentice to learn to be considered competent. It is a very detailed and exhaustive listing, I figure it might be useful to others. If you have any apprenticeship resources from other locations I would be glad to post them on the site. You can email me direct at patrick@educatedclimber.com.

Thank you all for the support you have shown.

Cheers,

Awesome. Thank you. I will send you anything I find when I do. As of now I'm going to try to use these to develop our in-house program, and to engage our state to get wheels turning at that level.

I don't have it yet, but my friend who mentioned Wisconsin apprenticeship to me was going to email me once he gets back in his office. I'll let you know what he sends me.

Is Muggs your actual name?

Patrick we talked years ago over on the buzz....great stuff you are doing here...if you remember correctly I went to high school in London Ont in the 80's...love this venture....I will look you up some day my buddy who comes here for part of the winter has a thriving tree company in Grand Bend called Tri County Tree Services....Jesse is his name...keep up the great work...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Swing, yes I remember you from a few years back. I am friends with Jesse, he's a good guy. Guess now I know where all of his great winter Instagram pics come from - they are from hangin' out with you on the island! Good to hear from you.

Great Patrick....we will be meeting up at some point....really glad for the reconnection...keep posting will check in from time to time...Paul

Back