recommend equipment for each truck

Dogs, of course.
No work truck is complete without a couple of dogs to keep the junkies at bay, when you work in the city. P1050410.JPG

Actually, I live in a mostly gun free country, except for hunting rifles and shotguns, but I still think 3 large dogs will serve a s a deterrent even in the US.

Snacks...grab bag, something salty, something sweet. I don't go anywhere without snacks.

A bottle of clean, unopened drinking water...Extra eye wash. If you can drink it, you can put it in your eye, I was told in Wilderness First Responder training.

extra PPE

Gray magic...duct tape.

fix a flat?

tire iron, jack, spare tire.

Barista on every corner these days, no need to waste room in the truck for that.

Or, they just blast you.

o9QMq9u.gif

Fencing nails, screws, and the required tools. Blue tarp for storm work which can also make for nice shade when it's 100+ degrees. Make a lean to by attaching it to the truck, trailer, pruner poles. Also provide cover for your gear when a spotty storm hits.

Keep a small filing kit , another small kit when the chipper runs(ether , big wrenches for the chute). Small general kit always , nothing fancy. Screwdrivers , Pliers , Snips , Channel locks , adjustable wrenches and vise grips , hammer , a fold up assort hex key and Torx head... Small wire brush and friction tape get used the most.

Wow, the way this list is going, won't be enough room for saws :lol:

How about a laminated card with a list of all the stuff on the truck...and CHECK it maybe once every two months or so, make sure stuff that has been used/gone missing gets replaced. Might help you keep track of stuff too, there are lots of little items in there that could get lost or go walkies, over time that could add up to a fair amount of money in replacing them.

Excellent idea on that list Bermy! I usually do a walk around of the whole job site, truck, and trailer. Also make sure everything is tied down and secure before I pull off. If I pull forward or back up truck and trailer I almost always do a 360 walk around to be sure no gear gets run over. Recently saved my 201t, BG 86 blower, and Ms 170. All was left there by a young groundie leaving for the Army! In Basic I am sure he is going to have fun :lol:

Back