recommend equipment for each truck

HortGuy

TreeHouser
I've been asked to put together a list of equipment that should be in every crew's truck, every day. Like:
First Aid Kit
(3) Orange Safety Cones
Safety Glasses for each person
Hearing Protection for each person
Beltpack of Eyewash for each person
5 gallon Thermos of water & cups
Insect Repellent
Bee/Wasp knock down spray
Chemical/Fuel Spill Kit
Pruner, handsaw, loppers?

What other suggestions would you make?

Fire extinguishers are conspicuously absent.

They should be in every truck, as well as on every chipper.

Jomo

Electrical tape. From ropes to repairs, you'll find a use for it. I use it a lot when I'm taking a bar and chain off a saw to put a different one on. While the bar and chain are still on, wrap it a few times like this. They'll come off and stay off together and organized. Also makes it easier to put back on.
4abeaa4bedc47a3013c7cb6356d43b89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wipes of some kind, and hand cleaner
Whistle or air horn
Sunscreen

Electrical tape. From ropes to repairs, you'll find a use for it. I use it a lot when I'm taking a bar and chain off a saw to put a different one on. While the bar and chain are still on, wrap it a few times like this. They'll come off and stay off together and organized. Also makes it easier to put back on.

I like it! Learn something new every day.... thanks Chris.

I usually keep a roll of electric tape in every gear bag and glove boxes. Use it all the time. Just never occurred to me to use it on the bar like that. I usually just slip them into a scabbard.

How about a phone? It's not a given that everyone has a phone or a working reliable phone nowadays. As an employer it's your responsibility to ensure that a call for help can be made.

Verified working phone and a pad with the worksite address written on it. Everyone needs to know where it is on every job site. When it hits the fan is not the time to start figuring out where you are. Or having the groundy who slept all the way to the job site call in directions to nowhere with a phone that's out of 'minutes'.

If there is no phone service on the worksite have another plan.

Electrical tape serves well as a makeshift bandaid. Several wraps will hold all day.

No one's mentioned a Glock...for times when working in questionable neighborhoods....:/:

Hey, that's really clever, thanks!

Back