Pine felling at camp.

Evan Sussman

TreeHouser
My buddy Will came up last Thursday to fly one of his drones and shoot our work day. I've been sick as a dog this past week, pretty much bed ridden, so this was pretty much the only work I got done all week. I was having fever chills throughout the day, and ended up cancelling the Friday's work. Fever is just clearing up today. Yuck.

Drone footage came out awesome!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FWVWaYFykOk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aren't they great! Total opens to doors for videography.

Thank you Raj and Scott! I have some footage from the ground that I can't wait to mix in with the overhead shots to show the other end of the story.

Collaboration between you and Will worked out great. The drone lets us appreciate how finely you can thread the eye of a needle with the top of a tree.

Great show.

Thanks Stephen, Willie, Gary, and Gerry!

Sawman, thank you! And forgive me if you've told me, but what's your name? I really like my beard too, but gave in to being annoyed at being itchy and trimmed it last week. It's not gone, but certainly less impressive.

I wish I had more fun that day, I gave into advice and went to see the doc at the end of the day. I had a fever of 102 degrees. I'm really glad I didn't do anything stupid. The day went well all things considered.

Godspeed your recovery Evan, and a great vid. Ya gotta feel pretty good about a job like that. Try to get some more stuff up brother. :popcorn:

Thanks Jed!

I am feeling much better. Been a week since my last fever, at about 85% energy level and improving.

I'll work on it! I gotta remember to get the camera involved. Will is a great friend who wants to do some more filming, so I'm sure we'll get more up in the near future.

Thanks for the interest! I love seeing your work too. It's funny cause you're so close, but it feels so far away too! We should meet up sometime. Are you going to make an appearance at the PNW ISA conference? It's in Lynnwood this year in September.

My names George.
Hope ya feel better man,it sucks doing tree work sick.
Plus what Jed said and put Will to work:thumbup:

My names George.
Hope ya feel better man,it sucks doing tree work sick.
Plus what Jed said and put Will to work:thumbup:
Pleasure to make your acquaintance George. Thank you.

When Will and I first started hanging out he wanted to learn to climb with proper equipment for recreational purposes. He offered to take some of his vacation time and fill in while I was short a crew member. In the end he refused payment for his time despite a couple weeks of sincere work. Since then he's come around and filmed a few times, and we've done some SRT practice.

One of those guys you're just humbled by.

It's funny cause you're so close, but it feels so far away too! We should meet up sometime. Are you going to make an appearance at the PNW ISA conference? It's in Lynnwood this year in September.

I know watcha mean... I've got some friends from our old church who go up to Warm Springs every year for their big, Christmas deal, but we've never been. Do you do much work there? Do you ever go to the Christmas light deal?

On the ISA deal... maybe, I'll go if you go, brother. I've just always wanted to meet you since you had become (and quite unbeknownst to you I'll presume) so deeply influential in my cutting way back on my drinking. You probably don't even remember this. This largely all came through a single post (or was it a PM?) that you had sent to me years ago regarding the state of drunkenness as inconsistent with Christian behavior. Of course I knew this, but sometimes it takes a brother to crack some sense into ya. I still drink nearly every single day, but only to proportions that my family and fellow believing friends see as temperate. (Or thereabouts. :|:)

I know... I know... waaayy too much information in a tree-forum post... it's just that I have so few Christian friends.

But ya... really liked yer vid. Maybe we'll meet soon.

That's awesome to hear brother. I certainly remember it.

We have attended the Lights of Christmas at Warm Beach Camp a couple times. We actually lived and volunteered there for 18 months when we touched down in WA. I've helped do some of the set up, and helped check people into their overnight accommodations. It's good stuff. It's a bit of a drive, but it might be nice for a family date.

Do you have kids Jed?

We've generally had a couple days per year there that's paid. I try to do some volunteering there. Sometimes it works out good for doing a training day or such.

Up to you with the conference. I'm definitely going to be there. Great networking and conference speakers. It would be great to meet you there. I'm working on getting Willie to make the trip too.

...We actually lived and volunteered there for 18 months when we touched down in WA.

Do you have kids Jed?

I'm working on getting Willie to make the trip too.

1) Touched-down from where??
2) Yup. Emma's 15 yrs. already, but little Agnes "Aggie," our pleasant surprise is just 4.
3) Good luck on Willie... I think that he and Clarence are scared that they might be like the witch in the Wizard of Oz movie, in that, if they get rained on, they'll just dissolve er somthin.

Back