You know you are married/partner to an Arborist / Logger WHEN...

Yes, he has. When he was putting together the Working Climber video he would would do the editing at night when all was quiet and I was asleep. I could always hear the video while sleeping and I am convinced I picked up a lot of subliminal learning. Also, I learned to like the sound of a chainsaw first thing in the morning!

Terri has picked up on critiquing the finer details of residential treework, and timber falling, and all the issues that go with both, and lately she's gaining a sharp-eye with plant ID. That helps me a lot, I'll tell you.

When I was working Terri never complained about the saw chips in my pockets, socks and cuffs. Oh, I found a goody.

Now, the gals of past, that did complain about it... well, they're gone.

Yep, Stephen...they sure can :). And may well earn a sideways look that carries some weight, doesn't it :).

Mrs. B...My sweet lady M will from time to time point out a felled tree stump we might drive or hike past, and say something like "that looks bad, doesn't it?", or maybe "is there a good reason to makes those cuts?"

She has very little, not to say no chainsaw running experience under her belt, which she has no regrets about...but listening to me for just under 40 years does impart a certain level of understanding.

Just as has your life shared with Jer.

There is nothing as fine as a partner who finds the energy to take interest in their opposite's lifework.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When you go somewhere with the wife and you are always looking at the trees assessing hazards.
When you drive by a stump and make a comment on how it was cut down.

Looking up by the windshield to see the trees coming instead of the incoming traffic !
Well, not really smart... and a bit of worrying for the occasional passenger:/:

Oh LOL!! I So do this as well! Especially the looking at trees instead of traffic :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh...now that's just negligence...I'd kick you out for a week if you did that to me!!!

Back