I need a little help

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
The hinges of my old Coleman Steel belted cooler that I bought in California in 1989 broke.
Since I can't get one like it over here and use it a LOT, I'd like to repair it.

Here is the problem: Coleman has replacement hinges for only $2.65 , but their internet shop isn't set up to deal with overseas customers.
They referred me to the European branch office in Holland, but they don't have hinges for the Steelbelted series, since that was never sold in Europe.

So I need someone in the US to order the hinges for me, and put a label with my name and adress on the package and send it on to me.

I can then repay that person via Paypal or donate the money in his/her name to either the Bermy fund or the House.

I have the parts # , so it is just a question of going to the Coleman homepage, order, relabel and send it on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is the upper one in the pictures.

Part 3 in the US is: 6262-1141

hinges-500.jpg

$5.99 and postage would be around $8 to me. Then to you I'd have to check.

See how you go, probably a lot cheaper from the US but if you get stuck I can get them.

Edit.

$46 economy or $65 express.

About the same as US to here, sure hurts when you can't get it local.

The best solution is to get them delivered to a USA address and that person then deliver them PERSONALLY to Mr. Stig!

:D It's pretty tempting.

Gigi has the customs forms and is used to shipping stuff overseas, since she has a daughter in England.

I will ask her to do it.

Thanks for the offers, everybody.:)

Shit, I didn't think of trying Ebay.

Thanks Jay, I'll PM Gigi and tell her not to bother, unless she has already ordered.

Back