372XP Oiler help?

CoreyYLTG

Treehouser
I have a brand new 372xp, I am using a 24" husky bar and chain. For some reason it isn't oiling? If I take the bar and chain off and let it idle all kinds of bar oil comes out of the pump, the oiler hole in the bar isn't clogged, and the drive links on the chain are in good shape. As of now I have the oiler turned all the way up. It cuts fine but when its buried it obviously isn't getting enough oil. Anyone have any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

My guess too. I've elongated oil holes in bars to match up. Sometimes the holes will match up under certain chain tension and not with other, but those are with bars not made to work with that particular saw.

Sometimes enlarging the oil hole on a bar that is made for and used on a particular saw, will get more oil to the chain.

You mentioned that the oiler hole isn't clogged in the bar, so I guess it can be assumed that the bar groove is cleaed out too. If the saw sits idling and there is a hole mismatch, it wouldn't be surprising to see oil dripping out and pooling up on the ground beneath the saw, unless the bar is completely sealing off the exit oil hole in the engine.

No it should not pump at idle, but with bar and chain off sometimes clutch drum turn anyway ans it oils a bit.

Let me guess you have .050 guage bar?
Tiny oiler hole?
Perhaps a bit dry wood?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oiler hole in the brand new Husky bar and brand new 372XP don't line up. Awesome. I managed to fix it on the end mill but now I can't swap bars on my jonsered 2166 as it just slops out way to much oil. Ordered a new cannon super bar for each. Was able to find drawings for husky bar and the oiler hole was too far back, not sure why it fit the other saw from jonsered. Use the same husky factory chains on each.

Drill a hole in correct position should work. One drivelink more could also work.
Do you know who made the bar? What bar it is?
HVA USA doesn't have same bars as we have here except Techlite. Thats the only bar they made them self so far I think.
Chain production is started now, but most chain out in stores is still Oregon chain.

Magnus, from Corey's wording it seems like it's not a bar that came with the saw, but I could be wrong.

It should not matter. The one selling this should know this and correct it. Thats what I would want if it was me selling it.

I have had aftermarket bars not line up once maybe twice from not my regular Husky shop. At the ski area where they were quite convinced the pole saw was the answer , they asked me to troubleshoot a no oil issue. Turns out the bar had NO hole on either side for oil. Told them to return an obvious manufacturer F'up which they did not do. Yes they continued using the defective bar w oil running down the handle onto operator while the chains stretched beyond use.

Back