Fishing 2017

He's a high level brazillian jiu jitsu guy, Kron Gracie, the son of arguably the greatest bjj guy ever, Rickson Gracie. Kron is transitioning from bjj to mma.

Idk exactly what is up with what he's doing except it is insanely cool.

Might be some kind of yogic breathing, maybe Gary can chime in.

The drink at Indian restaurants, good and it's pretty sweet. I thought Jim was talking about a spiritual tea to help catch fish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And electricity! It's common practice around here (although not quite legal) to shock up flathead catfish, which are an invasive species that grows to over a hundred pounds.

I'd show you pics of the flounder(s) I caught this morning Willie, but you'd call me names. I think I blew my motor so I'll be kayaking or hitching a ride for a week or two.

I saw a bunch of tarpon out of the kayak a couple of days ago, that may be a new bucket lister. Caught a bunch out of the boat, but never a 'yak. May get towed to Cuba in the process.

Ugh, hate hearing about motor problems, especially a blown one. UGH Have you figured out if it is worth fixing?

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/FLFFWCC/bulletins/1a2683e

I got this in an email this morning, good news! Talked to a friend yesterday at lunch, he caught a few in the last week or two. John may hook up with him and drop a line. On a side, note the strawberry grouper we caught in the bahamas were not worth posting pictures of. Good time and good eats but not picture worthy!

That is really good news V. I think the stench of the National Marine Fisheries Service must've finally reached the executive branch, they didn't just do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Either way, it is a great blessing. As you know, there are more red snapper now than at any time in modern history and for the feds to set a three day recreational season was an insult to anyone who ever baited a hook. I've got plans to pull a few more over the side myself in the next few months. I've never caught a strawberry grouper but they sure look beautiful in pictures. I did catch my first rock hind (Kitty Mitchell) a few weeks ago, they are really pretty too and mighty fine eating as well. I've been to the Bahamas a few times but never fished there. Snorkeling around some of the islands and seeing the huge multitude of flag yellowtails and grouper sure did whet my appetite though.

V, believe it or not I have never eaten one. Do they taste as good to you as my spearfishing "friends" say? I put that in quotations because if they were really friends they'd share! Another one on my list to catch on hook and line.

It seems unfamothable to me that there are species of fish that have avoided Rays hook.

Not really fishing but maybe it'll give me the nudge to get out and do it. Just yesterday and today I'm 'inheriting' some odds and sods from my grandpas fishing collection. Dusty worthless stuff I'm sure, but valuable to me beyond words. Not a traditional inheritance, my parents are moving and downsizing.

Back